sky digital in italy

ilscuro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Manchester England
hello ive just returned from holiday in italy and my cousin recieves all sky programmes i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it, i am new to the satellite game but from what i saw he had a manhatten reciever and he had a card that had some chips on it he told me he obtains codes off the net every month, so if he can recieve sky with this setup why cant we?

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I have moved this thread to this section has this relates to SKY Digital.
Sorry to appear skeptical but this is very unusual if not highly impossible to say the least.

Are you able to obtain from your cousin a copy of the alledged card that he uses ?

Which Sky channels did he show you while you were there ?

Does he have an WWW. address for the downloads?

Regards

Old Satellite

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ The Dark One ;), sounds an itsy bitsy bit like a wind up to me mate, the main reason being, that if that had been me in Italy, I would have at the least asked my cousin for the web address of the files and where could I get a card from, then whether the receiver requires modification and whether he could do one for me so that I could watch free sky when I get home.

Unfortunately with this type of post expect a high degree of scepticism, we've been here before and the original poster never (and I mean never) comes back with supporting information.

ilscuro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Manchester England
i was visiting family in naples my uncle drove through cassino (where my cousin lives) so i was there half an hour at most, i am not lying i know what i saw he got everything including ppv.
i am in the process of trying to find out more.
i dont blame you for being sceptical but i have nothing to gain from this, it just set me to wondering why we dont get it over here

M

mazzarock

Everything can happen around Naples, every italian knows it. LOL
... what I can say is that I did not see any sky card or rumors about it in italy, and I think it is difficult he saw sky because the signal is very weak (I think you can't see anything with less than a 2 m. dish) and there is no particular interest in watching it here in italy. I know for sure that there are some mosc for the sec*2 encryption circulating in italy for the tel+ bouquet including ppv. Pheraps the naples guy showed it to the british cousin (movies are transmited in both italian and english language).
Have a nice day
;)