sky digital new zealand help

cokeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C band 3.7m watching channels of asiasat 3 and of optus B1 C1, B3
My Location
new zealand
hello

how r u all going , i am from new zealand . wanting to know if any one here is from new zealnd . i want to know if the dreambox will work on sky digital in new zealand the channels run in NDS encryption

if they work (dreambox)whuch model of dreambox/software do i need etc

IF anyone can help me it be gladly appreicated

cokeman
New Zealand

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
cokeman said:
i want to know if the dreambox will work on sky digital in new zealand the channels run in NDS encryption

:-Welcome1

NDS is secure, wherever it is used (so far) so if you want S*y you will have to subscribe.

The Dreambox (any model with a card slot) can be used with an 'active' S*y card at the minute. The card has to have been paired in a S*y receiver before it can be used in a Dreambox and may have to be put back into that receiver for updates.

The Dreambox is a truly remarkable receiver that can - in the correct hands - do many wonderful things, web browsing, play games, listen to radio - the list goes on.

Hope you enjoy this site and take some time exploring - you never know what you might find ;)

cokeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
i have heard other wise , that people have got sky didgiat running free 3 months now plus (2 seprate soruces ) . also know of a technisian who has got sky digital running free...the question is how??? they have used unoffically nds recivers .....still trying to findout

gameboy said:
:-Welcome1

NDS is secure, wherever it is used (so far) so if you want S*y you will have to subscribe.

The Dreambox (any model with a card slot) can be used with an 'active' S*y card at the minute. The card has to have been paired in a S*y receiver before it can be used in a Dreambox and may have to be put back into that receiver for updates.

The Dreambox is a truly remarkable receiver that can - in the correct hands - do many wonderful things, web browsing, play games, listen to radio - the list goes on.

Hope you enjoy this site and take some time exploring - you never know what you might find ;)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
or do they use cloned cards?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
mhku said:
or do they use cloned cards?

This is a phrase that everybody loves to use, however I have yet to see some evidence of it. As Rolf says believe it when I see it.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
AFAIK there is no ND$ card cloning and no ND$ hack for NZ, although there is an NZ ND$ version of one or two of the emus which will let you run a legit card.

Everything else is unhelpful rumour. Seen it working? Tell us. If not - it's unhelpful gossip.

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.6M Ku Band Orbitron, 3.0M Orbitron C band. 1.2M Ku offset, 1.0M Ku Offset, 90Cm/Moteck Ku, 65Cm Ku Offset, 1.2m Paraclips Hydro C Band Nokia Dbox 9500s, Nokia Dbox2, 2x Dreambox 7020s, Dreambox Dm500s, 2 x Dreambox Dm800 HD, UEC 660, Pace HDi PVR
My Location
Downunder
Hi Cokeman and Company..

From Nz myself, Also own a Dream 7020s and have had no luck with running Skynz NDS.
Looked into NewCS aswell, no go.. apparantly No support for Gen1 NDS cards.

Totally open to ideas though..

Cheers:

shanek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM500
My Location
NZ
Hi Can you tell me which emus there is a NZ version working with ? I have a dm500 and do subscribe to sky but i cant get newcamd working at all. It will do the Optus channels but no $ky NZ.

Im Also after a simple way to save the EPG out to a test file if anyone have info on how to do this ?

Thanks

BGonaSTICK said:
AFAIK there is no ND$ card cloning and no ND$ hack for NZ, although there is an NZ ND$ version of one or two of the emus which will let you run a legit card.

Everything else is unhelpful rumour. Seen it working? Tell us. If not - it's unhelpful gossip.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sorry, my mistake... they were for Australia! :-doh!

NewcamD 5.28, and GBOX 1.37 and 2.03.

Did you try them?

Available for download on DaVinci 5 CP

shanek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM500
My Location
NZ
Is there any advantage to going for an older version of newcamd ? i have tried 6.02. if this doent work is it likly that 5.28 would work ?

BGonaSTICK said:
Sorry, my mistake... they were for Australia! :-doh!

NewcamD 5.28, and GBOX 1.37 and 2.03.

Did you try them?

Available for download on DaVinci 5 CP

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The main reason for people still using V5.28 is that there was a patch for it to allow sharing of ND$ cards which was disallowed by the authors in later versions.

It is possible though (AFAIK) to use the patch in the later versions of NewcamD aswell, but I've never tried it. V5.28 is still a great emu, but will obviously not do the latest 'hacks' e.g. Nag2.

cokeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
hey guys thanks for the replyies .....no one knows nothing yet about sky ..what about cloning the cards ,i ve also heard u can reverse the card which opens them ...i am just hearing these from people here in NZ they might be rumours or otherwise somone know something or try it etc

is it worth getting a dreambox cause ive got a ematabox 3 ?????

thanks

shanek

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM500
My Location
NZ
The dreambox is good, it does decode OZ 7 and SBS from C1 but cant get it working with $ky yet. Still working on it. Appart from that it is a nice small unit.

PM me if you want to now anymore about the unit as im keen to be in contact with others on the same path.

cokeman said:
hey guys thanks for the replyies .....no one knows nothing yet about sky ..what about cloning the cards ,i ve also heard u can reverse the card which opens them ...i am just hearing these from people here in NZ they might be rumours or otherwise somone know something or try it etc

is it worth getting a dreambox cause ive got a ematabox 3 ?????

thanks

cokeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
hey dude

how u going ,i was trying to do a PM to u(shanek) ,but the site dosent let me even thou i am a member ,strange ..plesae PM

thanks

shanek said:
The dreambox is good, it does decode OZ 7 and SBS from C1 but cant get it working with $ky yet. Still working on it. Appart from that it is a nice small unit.

PM me if you want to now anymore about the unit as im keen to be in contact with others on the same path.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
cokeman said:
hey dude
how u going ,i was trying to do a PM to u(shanek) ,but the site dosent let me even thou i am a member ,strange ..plesae PM
thanks

PM's are a priviledge given automatically to members who have posted a sufficient number of times, I believe the current number is about 13 or 14

cokeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
hi

shanek IF u read this please PM as i cant at the moment or email me

This is an open forum for the exchange of ideas and techniques. Email addresses will be removed. If you want to leave your Email address complete the appropriate section of your membership profile.As you do not have PM priviledges yet why not communicate some details to other members by posting on the forum

thanks

satelliteNOOB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong srt 4658x with dragon cam and a dreambox dm500s with CCcam, newcamd
My Location
new zealand
hi cokeman im from new zealand

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Don't hold your breath - cokeman hasn't been active on the forum for four years.

cokeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
new zealand
i thought start the thread back again after 5 years lol , any progress happened ? :p