Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In the last 5 years encryption systems have become stronger and everything is closed just about with keys, card sharing is still possible but is a subject which we understand has or will soon be addressed in the UK now that the latest card swap is complete. As regards New Zealand I have no idea whatsoever.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
Yeah, lots of roomers about Sly UK and the countermeasures for sharing (like in Italy) but unless it's something completely different from what was used in Italy, I don't see the purpose other than causing annoyance to non-slybox users. I also believe that the "problem" in Italy was not only a "sly" reaction but a political mess exactly as the Italians would do for these things. Personally I'm not convinced at all that the SAME measures will apply; either something new and efficient or nothing

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
WildBit said:
Yeah, lots of roomers about Sly UK and the countermeasures for sharing (like in Italy) but unless it's something completely different from what was used in Italy, I don't see the purpose other than causing annoyance to non-slybox users.

Sky arent really particularly bothered about a few hundred hobbyists using the cards in none Sky boxes. Whats happened is that card sharing has become a VERY profitable business for some dodgy dealers, and Sky UK want to stamp on that hard as soon as possible.

BTW the anti c/s measure are not rumours - we know for certain *something* is going to happen soon - Sky have been preparing for months for the roll out in so far as to have deployed new software in their own digiboxes..

packetstormer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
Analoguesat said:
Sky arent really particularly bothered about a few hundred hobbyists using the cards in none Sky boxes. Whats happened is that card sharing has become a VERY profitable business for some dodgy dealers, and Sky UK want to stamp on that hard as soon as possible.

BTW the anti c/s measure are not rumours - we know for certain *something* is going to happen soon - Sky have been preparing for months for the roll out in so far as to have deployed new software in their own digiboxes..

I just wish they would hurry up either way, cause I have been holding off getting extra boxes for rooms in my house in the belief that they would introduce something. I hope it only address WAN sharing and not local sharing as I just hate the extra few quid you are forced to pay for extra rooms.

I really can't see what they could introduce to stop it though, that couldn't be bypassed. Unless they introduce a completly new encyption method which would take out a good lot of their own older boxes.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
Analoguesat said:

I couldn't agree with you more about the "profit" aspect... Do you believe then the measures will be similar as the ones implemented in Italy? They "fixed" that problem in a couple of weeks over there.