Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
Yesterday i foolishly bought a new daewoo tv from tescos (GB21C6NT). All is well apart from the fact that none of the codes for the sky digital remote supplied on various websites and the interactive/support menu work with the tv.

The remote itself is identical to those supplied with some Proline tvs (proline remotes often work with goodmans tvs from my experience - but in this case does not)

A friend of mine recently aquired sky digital and has a Proline "20N1" which has exactly the same remote as my daewoo. When the engineer left his house the sky remote WAS working with his tv but in time managed to stop :(.

Has anyone got any ideas of who made the original remote (e.g 3rd party of goodmans!?). We have both tried codes for proline, daewoo and goodmans tvs .. all with no luck.

So if anyone out there has got a proline 20N1 OR a Daewoo GB21C6NT working with a sky remote or any suggestions please reply ASAP :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Dave, try the step method, its described in the Digibox handbook. If the first code you find doesn't switch off the TV, then press the TV button and off buttton until it does, you then press the select button to memorise the setting.

Rolf

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
thx 4 reply ... well i have tried that now, with both goodmans and daewoo 4 digit codes. Unfortunaly they failed to work.

I might phone daewoo for a code as sky reccomened i should do. Allthough i cant see how thats gonna work as it was philips that make the sky remote aint it?!

any other ideas?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Jun-02 AT 08:13 PM (GMT)]Try this site then Dave. http://www,sathelp.co.uk look under the remote codes section, there is a page for Daewoo, there are also 3 digit codes for specific models.

Rolf

PS. With the step method, you may have to run through a hundred or so options.

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
can u be a bit more specific with your directions there?

the only daewoo i found was the 4/3 digit codes in among other makes. it doesn’t sound like thats what u meant ?!

as for the step method .. it wasn’t long before the 3 blinks came up (although i did find 1 that changed the channel + and digits 1-0 but no power off :( )

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Jun-02 AT 11:59 PM (GMT)]Sorry, should have said a page with Daewoo included, have you tried all of the 3 digit codes? Unfortunately there are still some TVs that aren't included, your's could be one of them.

With the step method, there is a way of going through every code, I believe its on the Sat help site.

Rolf

RESCO

Reaction score
Try the three digit code 065.Was doing an install last week at a sky employers house and he said if no code works try this .Since then I have tryed this on TVs that I got no code for and it seems to work

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
yep ive tried just about every 3 digit code out there as well .. Including 065.. i reckon im one of those unlucky ppl

sky said they update the codes... does that mean the code is probably out there somewhere but unofficial or can sky some how update the handset :S

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If the code is not in the handset,you're up a gum tree, the only way to check is to run from 0001 using the step and try the 100 or more codes. I'm pretty sure that they've bought an off the shelf RC and so it'll work with one of them.

Rolf

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
well thanks 4 the help ... i might save a task like that till the next bank holiday ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It'll probably take you til the next Bank Holiday Dave. :)

Rolf

E

erthis

Have you tried ringing one4all - who make the remotes for sky, they should be able to help.

If you need the uk phone number, pop into dixons and get if off one of the remotes in the store.

or try

http://www.oneforall-int.com/

HTH

J

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
im sure its philps :D

http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/products/remote/tailormade/rc_1600.html

look familiar?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 05-Jun-02 AT 06:31 PM (GMT)]for anyone wanting to play around a little more with the remote, read the attached.
I've reprogrammed mine, for example, to also access the TV's widescreen functions using this trick.

2old

dave821

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
SS2/Hotbird
Sky Digital
JVC DR-MX10 vhs/dvd/hdd
My Location
Scotland
final installment :D :

thanks to that file in the above post (cheers 2old) i know have all the basic functions working .... a bit of guess work and similar area of numbers gave me:

233 menu
642 ch +
509 ch-
652 factory version no -- that wont go away! heh
636 vol -
634 vol +
641 status/reveal
639 mute
632 standby/on

select yellow .. 994... select .. <3digits> <CHOICE OF KEY>

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
bear in mind that those numbers are different for each make of TV.
If anyone has a widescreen 28inch Sony Wega and wants the complete matrix for that, mail me.
2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps we could use this thread to provide the code lists for various obscure or difficult TVs, I haven't had a chance to experiment with my old Philips yet, but will do so at the weekend.

Rolf