Sky Digital, What is your opinion?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So what do you really think?

If your option isn't there, then post your reply here and if it is a significantly different option I will add it.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
1 more catagory......I live abroad,and it is the best thing since sliced bread...................Brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
It,s a runaway winner............Thanks Rolf.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I've moved this poll, as I guess that people who do not want Sky digital would not see it if it were left in the Sky Digital forum.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Anal+, Palco, Viasat, To me are all better,(no adverts)all i miss
is Andy gray (sly sports footy) and sly one, you can stick the rest
so far up Ruperts rse, Dishartened at not being able to get them two channels off european sat system i then got NTL. On the grounds that a corrupt australian (ex con in his DNA) Has probally
more power (media/news) than any man alive. And like another
corrupt c*nt Mr Gates Destroys anything that gets in his way.
REMEMBER THEORIC DAVE.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I think that was the THOIC stoolpigeon

My option of 'I dont have it, but would pay for channels of my choosing if they were available' isnt there.
Theres nothing for the money that would make be go for any of the packages as they stand, besides I can always hang about outside our local TV repair shop window with an all for one remote if theres anything special on

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Indeed,

May I suggest "Would like it, for free, but alternative is equal or better".

The only thing I miss from terres' TV is re-runs of good TV from the last 20 years or so. Allow me access via digital measures, which I can save in a format and view again at my leisure. Its very easy, like DVD, VHS etc, but immediate. I should be able to watch anything, at anytime I wish, for a price?

S

Stargazer

This probably does not merit a separate answer, but for those who have more general purpose satellite receivers, integrating a Digibox with them is not easy - it requires its own LNB feed which means either having a dual-LNB setup (and having Digicrashes if you have a motorised system that does not spend all its time at Astra 2) or splitting/degrading the cable/signal.

Since most receivers have an output for a separate decoder, having a Digibox available that would accept this would resolve that issue but presumably Sky do not want you watching other providers....

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
I would get it if it was hacked. Ruperts rich enough without my money. From his past ruthless business acts, I'm sure this is the line he would take if he were me!

S

Stargazer

I can always hang about outside our local TV repair shop window with an all for one remote if theres anything special on

Hmmm...you wouldn't be the practical joker type who uses his remote to change the shop window TV's to adult channels by any chance?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, he would be Stargazer, but not a hope with Sky Digital, not enough on there to shock your granny. ;)

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Sky is way to pricey...30 odd quid a month for second rate films and endless repeats.I'll stick with my motorised system thx :D

Lee

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
How to cook a goose, who knows?

I do, as I got a six kilo bird muchos cheapos last New Year from M+S (10p owing to a till error)

It involves a LARGE amount of drip trays, whatever you believe you have in the kitchen might do, it wont.

Geese loose pobably half their uncooked weight in fat, and its no fun cleaning up under the oven afterwards

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
Originally posted by Channel Hopper
Geese loose pobably half their uncooked weight in fat

Does your avatar demonstrate this phenomena CH? :D

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Well spotted Munkey

Its that colour only if its left under the oven for a few weeks though

I can recommend a goose (now then !)if you are bored of the usual turkey, far more taste and if its as cheap as I had, then you cant go wrong

Look in supermarkets around 28/29 Dec

Dont try this at home if you are a vegetarian though

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Look on 28/29 Dec (how do i cook for Christmas Ch) or have you nicked Mike Foxs Delorian.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Gotta say that a goose, cooked properly at Christmas knocks a turkey into a cocked hat, there are very few fowl that taste as good. :)

Shame I won't be eating goose this year, my sister keeps them and whilst she does eat them, she doesn't do it at Christmas, as they are like old friends to her. ;)

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Firstly, just to add my 2 p to the goose discussion: baked goose, stuffed with apples is a very famous Russian dish, designed long ago and enjoyed a lot by Russian aristocracy till 1917.
I bet there are plenty of recipes in the Russian net, but no geese in Russia. :(

Coming back to Sky Digital poll:
"It is expensive and garbage for grown-ups, but quite good for kids and teens".

I keep the "family" subscription pack mainly for my daughter.

Regards to all.

Nickolai