sky dish

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive just moved into a new house and the previous ocupant has left a sky dish on the wall and im thinking of trying to get some use out of it. can i buy an old digi box? or would i be better with a sat card for my pc? if i bought a digi box is it possible yet to get pirate cards for them?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sky is not hacked so if you want anything other than free to air you will need a digibox and a legit subscription. You could probably get away with turning it to 19.2E and with a PC satellite card, obtain a few encrypted channels.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok thanks, ive already got ann xtreme on hotbird and astra in my living room i was just wondering if i could put the sky dish to any real use. i was wondering about the sat card, where if anywhere can you put your card or cam?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You use a softcam, see the PC Card forum Doggy.