Sky dropped £10 a month for new subscribers?

bobbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
aOpen MiniPc 2.16 Core Duo, 512Mb, rubbish graphics with TechnoTrend S2-3600
My Location
Stretham, Cambridgeshire, Uk
A friend that is moving from Virgin to Sky. Using the phone number they have setup for Virgin customers he phones them today for the install and was told that he would not have to pay the £10 a month charge for Sky+, and they also waived the installation fee!

Do you think they will be dropping the £10 charge for normal customers any time soon?

Mat.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It has been mentioned in another thread that it is going to happen, but there has been no hard confirmation. This is obviously a promotion, but it may herald the overall dropping of the charge.

busbybass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
/
My Location
Glasgow
There is no such waiving of the sky + recording fee, I work for sky never seen it on anyones account, and I've seen a lot of accounts, the only discounts you can get on it is due to a chordiant error, or if you have two or more premium channels, installation fee is waived if your subscription is going to become a multiroom one, this is not an off and is normal, or can be waived as a clincher deal by a sales agent at his own discression, also you can get a sky+ box for 49 pounds as a simialar clincher deal alongwith a free installation, but the recording fee is never waived.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I'd rather just get a Dreambox 7025, no recording tax and works with sky cards... :D

That's if I ever bother with sky again though... :p