Sky Free to air receivers

Neilynoo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the digital free to air receivers can pick up the sky free to view channels at 28e, ie including ITV2 or E4. eg the Technomate free to air 5000 D receiver? Does anyone know of a link to any sites that carry reviews of FTA receivers?

Thanks all..

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
All Sky Digital receivers within the Astra2 footprint can get all the FTA channels and (with a card) the FTV channels.

NO other receiver can get the FTV channels. None. Nada.

T

Tigerasss7

Your WRONG Dude - my Strong 4375 Motorised Sat System gets all the FTA channels on 28 Deg - U dont need a Digi box for the FTA Stuff

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately Tigerasss7, you are talking at cross purpose, the question was about FTV (Free To View), not FTA (Free To Air) channels, there is only one receiver that the FTV channels work on and that is the Sky Digibox, with an appropriate expired Sky card, or a BBC FTV card.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
E4 is not a free to View channel is it ?

Anyhow surely the EU has by now seen that the directive promising an even playing board on satellite reception, has been somewhat ignored as a result of digiboxes being

1) restricted from sale into the rest of Europe by some very dubious manufacturers and satellite providers reasoning
2) unable to utilise the rear CI port for use with CAMs
3) limited in the Symbol rate to just two types
4) unable to include multi-language on the OSG and
5) exempt from any form of technical backup after one year (MartinP excluded of couse )

and so ensured that Videoguard PCMCIA modules are now in abundance throughout the satellite footprint for insertion into any compatible receiver.

Or was this just a flight of fantasy ?

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I think the original post was about the NEW Free To View $ky Boxes which are being sold as a reply to the DTT Service.

Perhaps someone will have the answer, but my feeling is that they probably won't recieve ITV2.

Regards

W.Hole

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think that you're probably right in the short term at least WH, but most of the other stuff is of course available with the Sky boxes, I don't think that any other manufacturers have been introduced.