Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110cm dish
Inverto Universal Quad LNB
Pace 2600 C1 and DS430N Digiboxes
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi all.

I've just purchased a media center PC running Windows Vista Home Premium. The box has a hybrid TV card in it which I've successfully used with both my Sky box (via S-Video) and the DVB-T feed from my aerial (obviously not at the same time).

My plan is to add a 2nd TV card (either analogue only or hybrid) so I can record from both Sky and Freeview simultaneously) but I'm unsure of how Vista's media center behaves when 2 tuners are installed.

Does the media center allow you to have one set of properties for each TV card, e.g. input type (S-Video, RF channel etc), separate EPG's and even different locales. The reason I ask about locale is that my "freeview" is in fact the Swedish equivalent and therefore would need to select different countries for each card in order to download the EPG.

What happens when you have 2 cards in terms of "View Live TV". Does it ask you which card's input you want to watch?

Thanks for your help.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
use the same cards and it should function. How are you getting audio into your PC from the Sky box, btw? s-video supports just video (before you record without sound!)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

rellstar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110cm dish
Inverto Universal Quad LNB
Pace 2600 C1 and DS430N Digiboxes
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Leee said:
use the same cards and it should function. How are you getting audio into your PC from the Sky box, btw? s-video supports just video (before you record without sound!)

With red/white RCA cables.