Sky Frequencys

M

mikedlayer

Does any body know where i can get frequencys etc etc of channels that arent normally provided by Sky, such as European channels or English channels on the 28.2E Astra?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
M

mikedlayer

Nah i've already tried Lyngsat, and all the other channels on the other websites are all ones ive got through a Sky Digital Packages, does anyone know anymore sites?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Those two sites are pretty much the definitive guide as to what is on which satellites, what makes you think there are more than is listed there?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Np problem with linformation links PoloMint, just had a look at those, but apart from perhaps a tad more detailed info on the test channels, they don't seem to offer any more than the others.

When you look at it, there isn't very much in the way of watchable TV on that location over and above what is listed on the EPG.

M

mikedlayer

Cant you pick up european channels from places like France and Spain then?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately not on that position,to get any great variety of programming you'd need to swing the dish round to 19.2 E or 13 E, then you'll get loads.

M

mikedlayer

i've only had sky digi for just over a week, will Sky let me move the dish, or do i have to wait for the end of the first year?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I would not suggest that you start moving your dish, that is unless you feel confident that you can get it back successfully to where it was, it can prove quite tricky to the uninitiated.

Better idea if you want to explore a little is to get hold of a cheap 60cm dish and run another cable in then you can either swap cables or install a small switch. The Digibox is however not particularly suited to this and will periodically lose the extra channel listings, plus it can only operate on a very limited trange of symbol rates.

M

mikedlayer

do you know where i can get a cheap 60cm dish? so do i just plug this into my normal sky digi box?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yep, simple as that, you can get them at most car boot sales and on web sites such as Loot, make sure you get one with a universal LNB.

You can normally pick up the whole thing for less than £15.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
For even less money, taking a quick look around your local refuse collection place may be a good idea.

Ive seen 1m antennas in good condition simply put into the metal collecting bin, sometimes with an LNB and even a polarmount

A couple of quid to the man with the safety hat on normally secures something decent

(Damn, giving away the trade secrets again)

M

mikedlayer

Universal LNB? So when i plug it in and align the dish i just do it the same way the sky digi minidish but to whateva angle, and then i search for channels?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, you've obviously seen my lounge furniture CH.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A universal is a universal, regardless of the satellite received.

Full Ku frequencies will be available with the right receiver. The Sky boxes will restrict you to FTA channels and two sets of symbol rates (22k and 27k5)