Sky Gnome (again)

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
What a dissapointment. The sky gnome is not available in the Republic of Ireland quite yet and I thought I'd get my elderly parents one for christmas. I saw on Sky's web-page that it is only available through Sky in the UK and no release date for ROI quite yet. The high-street merchants won't be able to supply them in the near future either.

Does any one know of how to get hold of one of these?

I tried ebay but nothing came up...

Cheers

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Cant you get someone in UK to buy it and send it to you?

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I was thinking of it, but don't you need to be subscriber to SKY in the UK to get one?

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No you don't need to subscribe to Sky, they say so in the FAQ. :)

Have you actually tried the phone number to order 08702 407090, they may well post to the South, if not, do you know anyone in the North?

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
So finally, I got one of my friends in London to give S*Y a call so he could order a S*Y Gnome for me. The S*Y people started asking weird questions and told my friend that a S*Y subscription was necessary before anyone could order one. He was also told that if he didn't have a subscription, he wouldn't be able to use the Gnome but they were more than happy to sell him one!!!

So, if you want to get anyone a Gnome for Christmas and you don't have a subscription, forget it.

Thanks S*y and merry Christmas to you too!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you phone Sky, you need to tell them what they say on their website, see capture below.