Sky Hd HDMI problem

jdg

Reaction score
To Day I got my new sky hd receiver but I have a problem when I connect it to the HDMI on my TV connection the picture and sound after 20 or 30 sec picture & sound comes & go all the time

johnnysuttie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD Duron 2500+
Pace ds810xe hd satellite
My Location
barnsley
sounds like handshake issue to me. what tv are u using? is it through a switcher? these can all affect hdmi signal passthrough.

johnnysuttie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD Duron 2500+
Pace ds810xe hd satellite
My Location
barnsley
Well, the problem can be due to source, cable or display.

First test whether you get the same problem using component out to see if your Sky HD box isn't faulty.

If that's fine, try and test the HDMI on another TV.

Another idea is to swap the HDMI cable.

busbybass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
/
My Location
Glasgow
IF the picture blacks out its a known issue with some hd boxes, depending on your tv model, it isn't a problem with a box but with the tv itself, it happens on sony's mostly, sky do have information on this and are working with some tv manufacturers to solve it but the information they have is for employee's eyes only so there not gona tell you the specifics:p

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
busbybass said:
IF the picture blacks out its a known issue with some hd boxes, depending on your tv model, it isn't a problem with a box but with the tv itself, it happens on sony's mostly, sky do have information on this and are working with some tv manufacturers to solve it but the information they have is for employee's eyes only so there not gona tell you the specifics:p

I think you will find under the sale of goods act that if the product is not fit for the purposes it was bought for, then a full refund has to be given if no solution to the problem is forthcoming from either party. So if they want to play silly beggars and keep information secret contact trading standards who's job it is to make them sort something out

busbybass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
/
My Location
Glasgow
Topper said:
I think you will find under the sale of goods act that if the product is not fit for the purposes it was bought for, then a full refund has to be given if no solution to the problem is forthcoming from either party. So if they want to play silly beggars and keep information secret contact trading standards who's job it is to make them sort something out

Its not a problem with the hd box,if its the problem Ithinkhes describing its a problem with some tv's mainly sony's that sony have admitted to and are attempting to fix.

mich181189

Automation guy
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite gear here, but at my parents' house there is:
Konig 35cm camping dish (horrible, too small)
80cm Silvercrest (lidl)on 13E and 19.2E and a Technomate 5300D+ USB Super.
My Location
Surrey
Hmm, I'd love to know how those things work... Reason being that in order to decode HDCP you need to licence the standards from the relevant body, and they're pretty quick to revoke it if they see any analogue outputs after it!