Sky +HD probs

holmezy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+hd box downstairs linked via RF2 to a splitter/amp to 2 TV's upstairs.
My Location
derby, UK
Hi,
I had Sky+ in my living room through a HD tv. This was then linked via the RF2 output, sky coax to 2 TV's upstairs via a splitter. When I initial set this up, I had to retune the upstairs TV'S to a channel lower than 60 in order to avoid the splitter "filtering the signal. Any channel above 60 was "fuzzy and cloudy" so I setteled on 55.

Yesterday, I took a step in the modern ages and connected a Sky+hd box in the living room. Paired the card, connected to internet etc and alls good downstairs. However, I can't get sky upstairs any longer? Tried retuning the tv and all I get is a "fuzzy / cloudy" signal?

The TV's upstairs may not by HD ready, but that shouldn't be a problem for most channels, should it? (I don't subscribe to any of the HD packages and am happy just getting the standard HD).

Any ideas?

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Have you made sure the new box's RF out is tuned to the right channel (eg 55)? You'll need to enter the installer menu to change this, press Services, then press 0 0 1 and select to enter the hidden menu and go to the RF outlets option.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The latest SkyHD boxes do not have rf outputs on them. If your does it will probably be set to the default channel 68, which you need to drop down to your 55

holmezy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+hd box downstairs linked via RF2 to a splitter/amp to 2 TV's upstairs.
My Location
derby, UK
Thanks,,,,sorted now!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Excellent - thanks for letting us know :)