Sky+ in 2 rooms

Shack2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Getting Sky+ in 2 rooms
My Location
Eire
Hey, Im new to this forum and I hope someone can help

An engineer is due to install Sky+ in 2 rooms of my home in the next 2 weeks. I have a phone line in the bedroom but dont have one in the sitting room.

Question 1. Will I need a phone line in the sitting room?

Question 2. Will the phone line need to be connected to the decoders 24 hours of the day, or can they operate without them?

Question 3. Can both Sky+ boxes perform the record and watch feature?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Both boxes will need to be connected, you can probably get away with them not being connected all the time, but it is very easy to forget to reconnect. Both will be capable of recording, but not sure what Sky's policy is with regard to mirror subscriptions and whether they make a £10 per month charge on the second box.

Shack2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Getting Sky+ in 2 rooms
My Location
Eire
Thanks for the info.

One more question.
When you upgrade to Sky+ from the standard sky. Do sky send out new viewing cards, or do the ones that I have for the standard box work on the Sky+ box?

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will keep your existing card and that one will be the primary card, they will of course issue a second card for the second box. :)

jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
Shack2005 said:
Hey, Im new to this forum and I hope someone can help

An engineer is due to install Sky+ in 2 rooms of my home in the next 2 weeks. I have a phone line in the bedroom but dont have one in the sitting room.

Thanks

What is the process for getting Sky+ in 2 rooms. What do you pay for this?
I've just upgraded to Sky+ from Sky, I've also got multi room in one room (£10 per month)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You'll need to get a second Sky+ box, Sky probably have a deal for this, best to check on their website, don't think you need to pay anymore than £10 for the second card.