Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
Can anyone advise what sky channels can be recieved in Amman-Jordan given with a sky subscription subscription . Would I be able o recieve the whole Sky lineup of channels or just a few. Would skyone, E4, Sky mix can be recieved ok. Would the pace be ok. Also, is 180m dish would be ok or a 2.4 m would be required. Thanks for all your help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well you certainly wont get anything on Astra 2D without a MUCH bigger dish - probably bigger then 6 or 7 m! I think you can wave goodbye to anything on the 2A &2B north beams too. You would be better off investigating the options for one of the pay tv services that fires its signals onto the Middle East - Showtimeon 7W or Orbit on 26E.

arabicradiostations

Reaction score
right,in Amman i used to receiver the free shopping channels and sky news itv news, s4c and extreme sport and travel channel all open,but there was hundreds of encrypted channels and at that time bbc was not free to view,my dish was 180 cm,i'm in the uk now but i can contact cousin for you as he has 180 cm dish, contact me on arabicradiostations@yahoo.co.uk

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
arabicradiostations said:
right,in Amman i used to receiver the free shopping channels and sky news itv news, s4c and extreme sport and travel channel all open,but there was hundreds of encrypted channels and at that time bbc was not free to view,my dish was 180 cm,i'm in the uk now but i can contact cousin for you as he has 180 cm dish
This would be when 2D was not being used. Things are much different now that BBC and ITV are on 2D and MUCH bigger dishes are needed.

You may just get C4 and Five as they are on different satellites (2A and 2B respectively) but being on the north beam means weak signals also. Only S4C is on a southern beam.

PaulR

arabicradiostations

Reaction score
thank Paul,You might be right ,my information based on personal experience 2 years ago but i can confirm which channels can get from the Arabic satellite forums as I'm Arabic speaker and can ask,butthe person did not yet request any information.any way i today subsicribied my self with sky and i think it worth the £19 with the free equepments and installation and 1 month free.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
thanks for all the kind responses. I guess if I did sky, I will be missing out on the best channels which cannot be recieved unless with a huge dish

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
well I have sky in Egypt an it works fine, no BBC's or channel 4 and I think E4 has just moved but I do get loads of stuff to keep me happy and loads more then Showtime and cheeper and no Aribic subtitles eather. Before I moved to Cairo I had my dish in Dahab, just north of Sahrm and it worked fine too.