Sky in cyprus

G

gazbo34

help!! am moving to protarus and want to install sky,general opinion seems to be a 3.7 or 3.8 mtr dish will do the job for 24/7 reception.Anyone know were to buy one of these monsters!! which dishes are the best and what sort of money are we looking at?Have my old faithful sky digi meter and a promax meter,are these any good or do i need to invest in a new meter?Appreciate any help given

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are a few members of the forum who live in Cyprus, at least a couple of them have large dishes and I believe have posted details of where they got them in other threads. It is much more difficult to correctly align a big dish and it may be worthwhile paying the amount that you might have to spend on a new and suitable meter, on an experienced installer who will guarantee some level of reception performance.

G

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
gazbo34 said:
help!! am moving to protarus and want to install sky,general opinion seems to be a 3.7 or 3.8 mtr dish will do the job for 24/7 reception.Anyone know were to buy one of these monsters!! which dishes are the best and what sort of money are we looking at?Have my old faithful sky digi meter and a promax meter,are these any good or do i need to invest in a new meter?Appreciate any help given
Hi, I live in Vrysoulles, not so far from Protoras. Assuming you want to pick
up the 2D channels (incl BBC + ITV) you may need a 4.2m dish. For just
2A + 2B channels (North & south beams) a 2.4m prime focus will be adequate.
By seperate private message I will give you contact details of an excellent
supplier/installer I can highly recommend; he is located in Paralimni.
Regards
Geoff