sky in france

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A compass would be useful, a cheap meter would be even more useful, buying both would be the best bet.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
At 10:20 GMT next Saturday (3rd), the sun will be in the same direction as the sky satellite (from poulx). Not the same elevation though (the sun will be about 15° higher than the satellite). If that helps!

sue-martin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital windows xp
My Location
nimes France
hello everyone - I am still trying to connect my system in Nimes France. I am ready to pay a company to fit it but the rest of my family want to try one more time to D.I.Y. I am purchasing a signal meter from Ebay now. Do we need a new dish? as well. We can get the Sky menu up ( the best progress we have achieved ) but NO Signal is the persistant message. do we need special leads or scarps? as much advice as possible would be appreciated. Thanks Sue

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca

sue-martin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital windows xp
My Location
nimes France
Mike4t said:
Hi Sue-martin, you could be a long time just pointing your Dish,, here is a link with loads of instructions and info,, The signal meter will make a big difference,,,

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/#action

or

www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk

Bon Chance!!

What a lot of help - thanks so much. I have purchased a signal meter from ebay which I hope isn't a load of rubbish. I have been advised by a company called Brymar Ltd that I need a 80cm dish! seems over the top to me? can you advise me on that please. Sue Martin

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

sue-martin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital windows xp
My Location
nimes France
Thanks again - another question sorry if I am being dense but I am dealing with my dad who is 82 and doesn't take everything in. And me who understands very little about anything technical! We already have a large dish approx 80cm, that at the moment is receiving French satellite ( tps) do we still need to buy a new one? Sue

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, you could use an offset arm and second LNB, probably best to have the main focus as Astra 28.2 though and the secondary LNB pointing at Hotbird 13E for TPS.

sue-martin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital windows xp
My Location
nimes France
rolfw said:
No, you could use an offset arm and second LNB, probably best to have the main focus as Astra 28.2 though and the secondary LNB pointing at Hotbird 13E for TPS.

We intend to disconnect the (tps) so can we just use the present dish as it stands for Sky etc, without an offset arm and second LNB. Thanks for your patience Sue

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Status
Not open for further replies.