sky in spain infomation report detailed

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
this is part of the document that satcure sell as their sky tv in spain E-book. interesting reading indeed. yet more proof that these mti 0.6 lnb's are killer for picking up 2d.

another interesting part i thought was how in spain, as well as sweden here, the signal has varying strengths over different parts of the day for no apparent reason.

regards
Rich, www.skyforeurope.com

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
There are a number of reasons for the apparent change in recieved signal ,they include station keeping ( hydrozene fuel is limited and costly on board each satellite) of the satellite a very small positional change in the satellites position has a very large effect when you are at, or outside of the specified footprint.
Also the actual science of the designed footprint from a satellite transpônder is not always exactly that with the desired design.

Addionally at any time the actual output power per transponder will vary equally over time as will also the satellites solar cell effeciency and its battery effeciency.

THE travelling tube amplifier (TWA) output as a consequence is also effected during the above cycles- one of the resulting differances also seen during times of reception.

All satellites are subject the basic conditions above, best option is always to conduct a complete survey at the proposed reception site.

PS i hope the link you identify is free for the information at satcure?

regards

Old Satellite

indios_se

Reaction score
Website
www.skyforeurope.com
My Location
Sweden
i'm not sure about the link whether the information is free or not. That is indeed very interesting about the changes in signal strength, always wondered about that.

regards
Rich