Sky + Installation

ricardohs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am moving into a new home and am trying to transfer my sky + account. The flat has a tv ariel socket already. The landlord says he is no totally happy with a sky dish being put visiblely on the property and wants to know what extra holes will need
My Location
Oxford, England
I am moving into a new flat and am trying to transfer my sky + account.

I have seen that the flat has a tv ariel socket already in the living room, but the presvious tenants did not have sky or sky+ so there is no other cables. The landlord says he is no totally happy with a sky dish being put visibly on the property and wants to know what extra holes will need to be drilled for the wiring and how the dish will be attathced. If he thinks there is going to be minimal damage, he said he will agree to it. What kind of damade/modification will there be for the sky + installation? Thanks very much everyone.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome,

Assume the 'TV socket' has only one connection being TV.

The dish will have to be installed somewhere on the building facing SE. For sky+ two holes or one larger hole will required for cable entry.

ricardohs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I am moving into a new home and am trying to transfer my sky + account. The flat has a tv ariel socket already. The landlord says he is no totally happy with a sky dish being put visiblely on the property and wants to know what extra holes will need
My Location
Oxford, England
thanks for that.
So there will need to be a sky dish attatched to the side of the flat, is that done with a bracket and some screws drilled into the side walls? or are there other methods?
Also, can the tv ariel holes be used (or expanded) so that the sky+ wires can follow the same path to the living room?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes it will need bolting to the wall most probably, unless there's something already in place to clamp it too, your'e probably stuck with that.

Not usually recommended, but as the dish will be pretty small, and if the mortar is not crumbling, drilling into the motar for the fixings instead is a possibility. (Mine was installed by the engineers like that and it stayed firm for about 2 years, before I removed it).

Yep cables can go through existing holes made larger.