SKy+ installed but now I have a video problem?

rapterman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A few weeks ago I got the Sky+ installed. Its working fine but my video recorder that was pluged into it was dead straight after the install.
At first I thought that the video recorder had just give up the ghost until I spoke to a friend who also got the Sky+ installed a week later and he had the same fault.

What we can figure out is that the the Sky+ 2nd RF was pluged into the video recorders with the 2nd RF power switched on and it was the same guy that installed both Sky+ boxes.
The video recorders now have the same fault, they will not power up and you can hear a small electronic clicking sound on both video recorders.

Does anyone think that this 2nd RF thing is likely to cause this fault?
If not what else? It does seem strange that they both went dead just after the Sky+ was installed!

Cheers.
;)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The second RF output has the facility for supplying 9v to the remote eye. This could possibly be switched on and causing the trouble.

Put the video on the 1st FR output to check this out.

Incidentally you should really be using your scart output to do your satellite recordings. You get much better quality video and stereo sound that way.

PaulR

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Use scart to VCR and use S-video to TV....s-vid is much better quality than scart (or so I've found, I'm using the same scart lead I used for my Pace 2200 and it gives an inferior picture - s-vid via amp is lovely)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Is it possible that the plusbox is feeding s-video to the VCR and the VCR doesn't understand this?

PaulR