Sky Interactive Problem

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
HELP...

Anybody tried to use last nights Champions League Interactive (choice of 8 games) on Sky Sports Extra, and had problems? I press the RED button, then press SELECT for the 8 Active matches, and I receive a message showing..."We're sorry but the service you've requested is currently unavailable.Please try later"...I actually tried later on numerous occasions but with little success.
Some more info, I am currently upgrading to a bigger dish (CM1.8) to receive channels on 2D...could the problem be something to do with not receiving 2D, or something else?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
rolfw said:
Certainly looks like the Extra screens are on 2D Rabbit http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml.

Just been into Lyngsat and viewed by channel number 404 (Sky Sports Xtra) I can see that some on ch404 are 2A and some 2D. I can actually get Sky Sports Extra, so I suppose that would be on the 2A beam (11758). But its the 8 interractive matches I have a problem with. Is there anyway of knowing or seeing these interractive channels are on 2D, and what frequency? And do you know for sure they are on 2D?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No way of telling for sure rabbit, but it is probably more than coincidence that there are 8 missing channels on your setup and there are eight interactive channels listed at 10936 V, tp 56, SR 22000, FEC 5/6.

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
System2..
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
rolfw said:
No way of telling for sure rabbit, but it is probably more than coincidence that there are 8 missing channels on your setup and there are eight interactive channels listed at 10936 V, tp 56, SR 22000, FEC 5/6.

Yes, I can see that...Lyngsat say Sky Sports Extra Cricket channels. Obviously these have not been updated yet to mention champions league instead of cricket! Well spotted and thanks for your help...roll on getting this larger dish...but here in Sweden everything takes forever!

BOBSKI

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Gothenburg,SWEDEN
Interactive football.
I was the same on tuesday trying to watch different games,got the same message as you.
Tried last night as well ,same message.
Gave up and just watched the rangers game.
I live in Göteborg,Sweden.

P.S. I also have a std zone 2 dish so if it was only interactive on 2D
I have no chance of recieving xtra interactive games in the future.

saint

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gothenburg
hej
I had the same problem last season , while trying to get interactive-footy on sky sports 1 or 2 ; NO SIGNAL RECEIVED .

I now guess these were also on 2D , or can you other fellow 'swedes' get the interactive services here ??
cheers

BOBSKI

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Gothenburg,SWEDEN
saint said:
hej
I had the same problem last season , while trying to get interactive-footy on sky sports 1 or 2 ; NO SIGNAL RECEIVED .
Message I recieved was more like "we are sorry but this service is not available at this time,try again later.[/B]

I now guess these were also on 2D , or can you other fellow 'swedes' get the interactive services here ??
cheers
I will have a look tonight and see whats on "interactive".

BOBSKI

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Gothenburg,SWEDEN
BOBSKI said:
I will have a look tonight and see whats on "interactive".

Hej Saint
Tried looking last night on sky for interactive football,could not find any so I tried sky news,interactive with 8 channels,switched between them using the interactive menu.Works OK.
Sky movies interactive was the same 8 channels and interactive menu,works OK.
So I assume the UEFA cup games are only interractive on 2D, with movies and news interactive on 2A?

Anyway Saint to answer your question, yes you should be able to recieve interactive services/options using your set-up here i Göteborg.
mvh

bazzajl

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am in Innsbruck, Austria, and also cannot receive the champions league interactive service, or (last season and this) the interactive service for normal premiership games. Although I did the season before.

However, over the summer, I got the interactive cricket service, and strangely for the first 2 premiership games of this season i got the interactive service. (imagine my excitement, sad man that I am) Then it went again.

I will wait for the next cricket series to start to see if I can get that again.

I have never received ITV and lost BBC when they switched, so I know i can't get 2d. Was there a change over the summer off of 2d for the interactive services? If so, why? If not, how could i get it?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They can use whichever transponder they wish for the interactive element Bazzajl, so it may have been that they were using one of the other transponders for the times you were able to receive.

I wouldn't have thought that you would need much more than a 1 metre dish to receive 2D there, so may be worth looking at that if it is possible. :)

bazzajl

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response.

trust sky to get my hopes up.

i have been considering the bigger dish, and this may have just pushed me over the edge.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, just looked at the sticky thread for Astra 2D and there is a report from Munich with a 1m dish and that is only 2 hrs or so away, so should be similar in Innsbruck.

PS. Have fond memories of Innsbruck from when I was Skiing on Stubai and Hintertux 14 years ago, had to go there to get money, as it had the only bank where you could get cash from a credit card and the hotels didn't take credit cards. :D

Lovely city though.

saint

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gothenburg
BOBSKI said:
Hej Saint
Tried looking last night on sky for interactive football,could not find any so I tried sky news,interactive with 8 channels,switched between them using the interactive menu.Works OK.

So I assume the UEFA cup games are only interractive on 2D, with movies and news interactive on 2A?

Anyway Saint to answer your question, yes you should be able to recieve interactive services/options using your set-up here i Göteborg.
mvh

Hi there bobski
i can also receive the sky news interactive service , but last season NOT the interactive service on sky sports . as i haven't started subscribing for sky yet , i was wondering if you are able to go interactive on sky sports ? or is it a 2D problem ?

cheers saint (in mölndal)

BOBSKI

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Gothenburg,SWEDEN
saint said:
Hi there bobski
i can also receive the sky news interactive service , but last season NOT the interactive service on sky sports . as i haven't started subscribing for sky yet , i was wondering if you are able to go interactive on sky sports ? or is it a 2D problem ?

cheers saint (in mölndal)

Hej saint,

There does not seem to be a definitive answer on what interactive services you can recieve on sky
sports services,it depends on what transponder sky decide to use at that particular time/sports event.
See rolfw's response to bazzajl,he recieved some interactive services sometimes but not all the time, ie:
(However, over the summer, I got the interactive cricket service, and strangely for the first 2 premiership games of this season i got the interactive service. (imagine my excitement, sad man that I am) Then it went again.)

I was the same this summer when my sons came to visit,they just started using sky as if they were back in the UK,(I didn't bother that much about interactive,as long as I could see rugby I was not concerned)
but we did have some interactivity on Sky sports,dont know what it was but it was interactive,maybe it was rugby I cant remember.
So to be guarenteed to recieve the full sky sports interactive services,all the time and on all channels,incl sports channels it looks
like we need to have a bigger dish 1.5m/1.8m.
Or we can only hope that sky do not use 2D for xtra sporting events/football etc.
It is a little frustrating as I only installed sky here in Göteborg so I could still have my fix of rugby union,so far so good.
Now the rugby world cup is due to begin in Australia and most of the coverage is on itv1+2 which is 2D so not much
world cup for me,maybe highlights on eurosport or itv news(i think itv news is not on 2D).
Start saving for a new dish,its the only sure way of achieving full interactivity on sky.
cheers (Tuve on Hisingen)