SKY Italia Subscription on HotBird 13E

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Since TPS will not be available on HotBird 13E in 2008, I started to think of a 2nd best package. Looks like SKY Italia might be a good choice.

I would appreciate it if someone has a subscription to SKY Italia Mondo and the SKY Cinema option to give his opinion about the quality and content of the channels and also to recommend a satellite shop or websites in the UK or elsewhere (Italy, Germany) which has a reasonable rip-off factor on the official prices in Italy.

With my little knowledge in Italian, I got these numbers on the official subscription cost (without dish and installation cost), just in case somebody might find these numbers useful:
URL http://www.skylife.it

Decoder with card for SKY Mondo 24 Euro/month
Decoder with card for SKY Mondo plus SKY Cinema 36 Euro/month
Card activation 9 Euro
Subscription (Setup) 50 Euro

I suppose that the decoder is on loan, as long as the subscription is active and should be returned if the subscription is terminated.

I found a shop in the UK which charges 510 Pounds Sterling for the above package for 12 months. (estimated rip-off factor ~ 1.50)

Thank you all for your response.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
A full Sky Italia package (football,(CALICO) films.documentries ect)
costs in Italy 55 Euros/month.(660 E/YEAR)
Digiboxes are cheap to buy,but as in the UK you have to have an Italian address,also you have to give them your tax number.
550 quid is therefore not bad,considering the hassle if you do it yourself.
90% of the programmes are in the original lanquage,the digiboxes have a duel audio switch.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thank you Dave for your input.
Actually, I am interested in the Mondo+Cinema package which costs 36 Euros so there is still a big difference.

The full package that costs in Italy 55 Euros would cost me 900 quids including VAT, so there is quite a big difference.

Anyway, I would appreciate it very much if you can post a link of one or two reliable websites it Italy who deal with satellite equipments and SKY Italia (basically where would you go if you needed any satellite parts ?)

Here is an idea to boost the tourism to Italy:
"Come for a week to Italy and you are eligible to subscribe to SKY Italia"
Same with UK, France and Germany :)

Thanks.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!"
how,much,coasts the sky italia,hd reveiver,in combination,with full channel subsribsion,is it posible to,upgrade,the card,when new keys are sending,in a diablo cam?
all nds comes,do not support autoupdate,card,must be also,reinserted,in the orginal reseiveiver,now i think about,it to buy sky uk,in the near future,when i found,i cheap direct source,with no overloaded prices,from some netdealers

i own the homecast 5105 ci reveiver,and now,i want to know,maybe,i dont need ,the expensive,sky hd box,i buy dragon cam,that support videoguard,with no autupdating,and the normal sky italya dvb s reseiver,or skybox,no i want to know,is it posible,to get,the key upgrades,form all channels,including hd,also from a normal DVB S reseiver,selled by sky,or is this not posilbe?
it is only,upgrading,the channels,that i curencly watching?
if not so,and all channels,would be upgraded,when new keys after 6 month are sending,then my homecast reveiver,perfeclty would work,can anyone,say more about this?

the ,only problem,if this would work,that i have,its imposible,to order ppv movies!
but,i would,save,a lot of money,when i dont,must by,2. hd reveiver!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hello Turok,

I am not sure if I understand your message, but I will try to do my best.

The SKY Italia HD Receiver with full package (Mondo, Cinema, Sport, Calcio) cost, if you are living in Italy directly from SKY Italy is 66 Euro plus setup charges ~ 100 Euro. There are only 4 HD channels and the monthly extra cost is 7 Euro (included in the 66 Euro).

Since you are not living in Italy, you will need to pay a lot more.

I found the "cheapest" shop in the UK and they charge 1295 Pounds Sterling (inc. VAT). But you must pay an additional deposit of 450 Pounds for the receiver since it is on loan and it should be returned if you cancel the subscription after one year.

Unless you buy directly from SKY Italia or SKY UK, you will always pay a lot more and also there is a risk that the card might stop working (if they find out you are not living in the same country) and you end up with paying a lot of money and not getting the service.

As for your other questions about CAMS and updates, I will leave it to other members to reply.

If you find a cheap and reliable source for the SKY Italia, then please share this info with all of us.

Also if you manage to open the channels by yourself, then please post your solution here.

Good Luck.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
HB13DISH said:
Here is an idea to boost the tourism to Italy:
"Come for a week to Italy and you are eligible to subscribe to SKY Italia"
Same with UK, France and Germany :)

You would need a lot longer than a week in Italy to get the paperwork associated with the Italian tax code requirement sorted out

:-rofl2

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
Here is an address for you in Italy,they supplied me with Digialb card recently and are very helpful,and speak excellent English.
Cecilia Bartolini
Foreign Department
DEA srl-Due Emme Antenne
tel +39 (0) 571 931575
Fax +39(0) 571 931800
_www,dea-group.it

estero @ dueemme.com