Sky lines up transsexual reality show

N

net1

A new reality show is being planned that will set up a group of men with a gorgeous woman - only to reveal she is really a transsexual.

Find Me A Man will pit seven male suitors against one another as they try to win the affections of the woman in question.

Only at the end of the show do they find out that she was once a man.

The show goes out next month on Sky One and is being made by an offshoot of Endemol, the company behind Big Brother.

It was filmed in Ibiza over the summer and the seven men - all aged 20-35 and described as "lively and outgoing" - were invited to pick the most attractive woman from a line-up.

All of them chose Miriam who, unbeknown to them, was born a man.

Cameras then filmed them attempting to woo the object of their affections, including scenes of them kissing.

Just before Miriam's secret was revealed, they were asked to sign consent forms saying they were happy for the show to be screened, according to Broadcast magazine.

A spokesman for the programme makers said they had made a point of never referring to Miriam as a woman when getting the men to take part.

"As Miriam is a transsexual, I would never refer to her as male or female. She is a gorgeous creature," he said.

Find Me A Man follows in the footsteps of US show Joe Millionaire, in which a group of women vied to win the hand of a wealthy businessman, only to find out at the end of the show that he was not rich at all.