Sky+ Magic Eye (Minibox)

Gubbins

Reaction score
I have a minibox upstairs and was trying to run a magic eye to another room using an extension coax cable. It didn't work and I assumed the unit was faulty. I have since installed the same magic eye at my mother's house and it worked first time.

I am thinking that maybe the minibox does not support this fuction through it's coax out?

Does anyone know otherwise?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
If it has only one RF out then it does not have the function.The normal digiboxes have the eye function on the second rf out.

jaybee

Reaction score
I have a Pace minibox which I run with a Magic Eye. The single RF output can be configured for this.

jaybee

Reaction score
You configure it in just the same way as other Pace Sky receivers:

Services
Select

Use the "down" arrow button to move the on-screen highlight bar down to RF POWER.
Use the "right" arrow button to change it to say "ON".
Use the "down" arrow button to move the highlight bar to "Save Settings".
Press Select.

The LED on the Magic Eye adapter that plugs into your TV should glow.

If it doesn't, check the connections.

Are you using a TV distribution amp? If so, it may not pass through the voltage required by the Magic Eye - not all of them do. In this case you'll need to buy a bypass unit.

Good luck!

jaybee

Reaction score
If you want to check if it is a bad connection or a distribution amp problem, plug the Magic Eye directly into the Pace minibox RF out socket and see if the LED glows.