Sky Minidish and other Digital Receivers

M

mkenny

Please forgive me if the following have obvious answers but I'm new to satellites.

I've just got a Sky Digibox installed, can I connect another CAM based digital receiver to this dish to get other channel.

Will I need another LNB etc..

TIA
Kenny

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yes you can connect any modern analogue or digital receiver, since the LNB on the Sky dish is a universal type.

Bear in mind though that the dish will have been set up to point at the particular position (28.2 east) that Sky Digital broadcasts from, and aside from a tiny number of Czech channels transmitting from an almost co-located satellite at 28.5 east, there is nothing up there that the digibox alone can not receive anyway.

And if you intend to reposition the dish to a different satellite for use with a different receiver, remember that the dish is tiny - just big enough to receive the very strong signals from 28.2e but too small for the weaker signals from most other sats.

2old

M

mkenny

2Old, thanks for the prompt reply.

I still have an 80cm dish that I just took down to make way for the minidish.

I assume the 80cm dish was for Analogue Sky, it was on the house I moved in, would I be better to connect a digital receiver to this? Or have I just added more complications ;o)

TIA
Kenny

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just change the LNB to a universal on the old dish (if it isn't already) line it up to where it was before and Bob's your uncle. There are loads of digital channels on the 19.2 satellites.

Rolf