Sky Mix Starts

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For those of you who haven't yet noticed, the new Sky Mix channel has now started, useful to me as it shows the progs that I probably missed a couple of days earlier.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
So yet another repeat channel in competition with the Sky+ box.

Is it one thats classed as a separate channel to the packages ?

Laughing all the way to the bank, again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, I think that its available with the basic package. Just a point though CH, I thought Sky had yet to make a profit?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I think its called creative accounting

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, yes I've got to do some of that come next April. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well i've got to say that I like the idea of the mix channel, I'm forever forgetting when my favourites are on and this gives me the opportunity of watching them the following day. Its been very useful so far.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Can you operate a VCR?

Ive got a nasty feeling that with the amount of channels and material available, the amount of new material thats being produced and the growth of repeat channels, by the time I retire I will have seen everything that has, and is likely to have, been made for TV - at least once.

Looking forward to getting old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
i`m with you on this one rolf, if only because i have the happy knack of turning on just as something i wanted to watch is about to finish.

i think all the +1 channels are a good idea but then again i seem to be one of the very few satisfied sky viewers in the universe!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No mate, there are another 5 million or so, but they don't belong to satellite forums. :)

H

haveagoade

AS I said You can never underestimate the intelligence of the public.
Paying for a sky channel showing repeats of repeats!!!
Uncle Lucifer will NEVER make any money out of me.:D
I'd rather pay my licence fee twice.:p

H

haveagoade

I have three sky boxes and they couldn't pay me to watch it, and they more or less tried....:D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Only good old Rupe would get away with this.

It may be skyMix but just who is doing the Mixing.

H

haveagoade

Try canceling your sky subscription.......
You'll be surprised at the "SPECIAL OFFERS" available to come back.:D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
A friend of mine runs a bar and sky wanted 3 grand for him to have sky sport world. He did not have that sort of money so did a deal with the people who live in house next door.

Some very nice wiring and bob's your uncle.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Paying for a sky channel showing repeats of repeats!!!

If I was paying extra for it I would agree with you, but I'm not. If it were simply showing repeats of repeats, I would agree with you, but it isn't. As I said above I find it useful, as I'm sure the vast majority of other subscribers will, if they do decide to charge extra for it then I won't be so enamoured, but until they do.............

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, strangely enough I'm not easily pleased, but something that suits my lifestyle makes me happy, and this particular channel, in conjuction with Sky One does just that.

I also have to say Haveagoade, that I find the smugness of your "anyone who doesn't agree with me that sky is rubbish is an idiot" attitude slightly irritating, people can have differing tastes and differing priorities and this should be respected.

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
@rolfw.
I don't have Sky subscription but I do have a Panasonic just in case I decide to try it at some later date.

I would like to thank you and others that keep us informed of what is going on in Sky world. Such information is invaluable in the event of people like myself one day needing their service.
Regards. Allan.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Allan, good to hear from you, missed your posts, your avatar also........where's that gone then. :)