parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
hello hope i have posted in right section.

At the moment we have sky multi room with one sky plus box and one normal sky box. Can someone tell me if it is possiblie to add another sky plus box.

also what lnb i would need.

many thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
You would need an LNB with enough outputs, 2 for Sky+, 1 for a normal box. That makes a total of 2+1+2=5. You need an Octo LNB.

I suggest you contact Sky if you want 3 boxes in total, as whilst it is possible to make the connections easily enough, I don't know if Sky facilitate it.

Robbo:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it would, if you wish to retain your existing two digiboxes, then you will need an octo LNB (and a telephone connection), but if you are replacing the standard digibox with a Sky+, then the existing quad LNB should have enough ports and you will simply need to run a second cable to that location.