Sky now taking advance HD orders

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From people who have pre-registered, you can now pay a £30 deposit to Sky or via Comet, the box will cost £299 with free installation, £10/month for HD and normal Sky+ conditions apply.

Won't be taking up the offer myself, as I don't yet have a HD capable TV, was planning on perhaps upgrading later in the year . :)

R

Rd100

Also if you click on what can i watch you will see that the that this section has been updated aswell as if you click on bbc hd you will see that bbc hd will be fta on 28.2 east

rolfw said:
From people who have pre-registered, you can now pay a £30 deposit to Sky or via Comet, the box will cost £299 with free installation, £10/month for HD and normal Sky+ conditions apply.

Won't be taking up the offer myself, as I don't yet have a HD capable TV, was planning on perhaps upgrading later in the year . :)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
For those that didn't receive the Pre-Order email.

What to watch can be found here. The menu link at the foot of the page brings up the details rd100 mentions.;)

Mark.

R

Rd100

I could tune it to it when bbc hd starts in mpeg4 at 28.2 east but am awaiting the return of my pace 810 as this is the second one i have had that has gone faulty:-doh!

When it returns i will get rid of it and buy another mpeg4 dvb-s2 receiver

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
1080 lines I take it? Gold dust unless ppl are happy with 720 lines which is the limit for most of the TVs on sale at the moment.:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't really taken too much notice so far, did look on redstore.com and they had a nice 26" monitor

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
This could be my big splash-out year :)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
What, taking on a SKY HD subscription, lol.

R

Rd100

I will be getting sky HD but for the misses & kids For me i wil just use multi sat HD i never watch sky the only channel i ever watch is sky news and thats FTA also bbc HD will be FTA on 28.2 so all you will need is a FTA svb-s2 receiver to view it,

R

Rd100

Plus i will be getting a sky hd receiver from my supplyers so it will not cost me £299 plus i would never let any sky installer near my systemO-no

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Rd100 said:
**SNIP** i would never let any sky installer near my systemO-no

Why's that then? :eek: :-rofl2

Same as you with the receiver, will wait until they are available at my wholesaler. :)

R

Rd100

Rolf because sky installers know to much about satelliteO-Ha :-rofl2

I dont know why some people are rushing for sky hd if they can't get one from a trade warehouse give it a few months and you will pick a sky hd receiver up on eb*y for about £150

rolfw said:
Why's that then? :eek: :-rofl2

Same as you with the receiver, will wait until they are available at my wholesaler. :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
Haven't really taken too much notice so far, did look on redstore.com and they had a nice 26" monitor
Looks fine HD picture wise but a bit weak on sound. DVI doesn't carry the 5.1 sound stream, only HDMI will do that. Depends on what you want and how you set up I suppose.:)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
mljgmljg said:
What, taking on a SKY HD subscription, lol.

Nope. I only buy hardware as a rule, although I would consider Sky if I could just buy the channels I wanted and not pay OTT.

Like that's ever going to happen :-rofl2

World Cup.... HDTV.... Mmmmmm

R

Rd100

World cup HD will be fta on bbc hd

BGonaSTICK said:
Nope. I only buy hardware as a rule, although I would consider Sky if I could just buy the channels I wanted and not pay OTT.

Like that's ever going to happen :-rofl2

World Cup.... HDTV.... Mmmmmm

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sure, I know, but I'd have it all if it was a square deal ;)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Well, it was only last week (no, really, it was) that you could preorder SKY HD; but now there's NO TIME LEFT - YOU BETTER HURRY!!!!!!!!!!! NO TIME TO WASTE!!!! WTF.

I have now idea why they didn't go the whole hog and header the email: "you have ten seconds to press 'pre-order' or your computer will be infected with a FreeView virus." Sorry, the was a bit lame. you think of something then ;)

If you do pre-order - as a little payback for all the dosh you've had to fork out - as soon as they come round for the install - ask for an Octo LNB.

Mark.