SKY+ phone line connection

finglas111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
THOR
Morgan's VACI 4100
My Location
SWITZERLAND
Help needed.I am interested in buying a SKY+ box(from ebay).I live in mainland europe and have heard that to use sky+ I need to have a phone line connected.

Can anyone confirm if the sky+ system works(recording of programms etc)without an phone line connected.

Many thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, works fine without a phoneline, but you will need to phone sky to get them to activate the recording function, you also need to be a subscriber.

busbybass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
/
My Location
Glasgow
finglas111 said:
Help needed.I am interested in buying a SKY+ box(from ebay).I live in mainland europe and have heard that to use sky+ I need to have a phone line connected.

Can anyone confirm if the sky+ system works(recording of programms etc)without an phone line connected.

Many thanks.

It'll work fine without a phone line, though you'll need to get a viewing card for the recording ufnction and sky wont post one out to you anywhere except the UK, ROI, plus if your entering into a years subscription with sky for your sky + its part of the terms and conditions you need a phone line, also they won't activate your new viewing card without a phone line in, then again, they won't activate it if your in mainland europe at all.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
There are agents around who will sell you a subscription in mainland Europe and get it activated without a phone line. Many people will tell you that a callback is needed but it is not. I've done it for my customers in Spain.