Sky Pick & Mix

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

I have read elswhere about a new arrangement being introduced from September 2005 whereby you will be able to choose pairs of categories to make up the Family Package.

Sky don't seem to know anything about it as yet - has anyne seen any official news?

Regards

W. Hole

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
yeah, that sounds interesting. i want a cheap package from them, only the 19.50 one seems decent enough, the cheaper one has bugger all. even there free sat is crap i think when you compare it to freeview. e4 is a great channel, plus there are some other good ones you just dont get.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The introduction of the new pricing on 1 September 2005 will coincide with the creation of six genrebased “mixes” of basic channels: Variety; Kids; Knowledge; Style and Culture; Music; and News and Events. To deliver greater flexibility, the new structure will enable customers to build their own package by selecting any two, any four or all six of the new channel mixes. Customers will pay £15.00 per month for a “2 Mix” pack, £18.00 for a “4 Mix” pack or £21.00 for all six mixes, also known as the “Entertainment Pack”.

Irrespective of their selected combination of mixes, customers will be able to subscribe to any combination of Sky’s premium channels. The changes will bring about a five-fold increase in the number of available package options, enabling customers to choose a package that corresponds even more closely to their viewing preferences. In total, the number of available package options will increase to 496 from 96 at present. However, the number of price points for new customers will be streamlined to 15 from the current 96 in order to provide increased simplicity at the point of sale.

Under the new model, the price of the top-tier package, Sky World (with Entertainment Pack), will be £42.50 per month, compared to the current price of £41.00 per month. This package is currently taken by around 50% of Sky digital customers. Sky believes that the reshaping of its packaging and pricing structure will highlight the strength of its channel offering and challenge pre-conceptions that it is an “all or nothing” product. In addition, the changes will allow more targeted marketing to segmented groups of potential customers and will reinforce the highly successful “What do you want to watch?” campaign with a further emphasis that Sky has something for everyone.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello AQ

Yes that's what I had read in I think a 'Press Release',

BUT

Is ther any evidence of this having been carried through to reality

or

Was it a plan that $ky had at some time. or posssibly something that has had its introduction delayed?

Just doesn't seem to be any current 'news' on this one!

Regards

W.H.

PS. My best guess is that it was a good idea at the time, but would have resulted in a massive dilution of revenues for $ky and perhaps they have had second thoughts.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Opinion over at the DS forum is that nothing has changed, although the customer service teams have only recently been briefed on it. It will still happen.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've always been a bit miffed that to get the package I want' I have to take all of the childrens channels, so would certainly be happy with this. :)