Sky Plus: Hard Drive Problems

chrisnoon1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY PLUS
My Location
CONWY, N. WALES
I purchased an old PACE SKY PLUS SYSTEM when they first came out for £399. Six months ago I cancelled my SKY WORLD Package which meant I lost the recording and playback facilties on SKY PLUS. Instead I downgraded to SKY Family package for £20 a month. Last week I tried to upgrade my package back to SKY WORLD which SKY did for me straight away. However, the recording and playback facilities don't work.

Every time I try to record I get the same message "System Fault: Recording and playback not available. Please telephone 0870........". I contacted SKY PLUS about this and they told me that my hard drive was knackered. They wanted to send an engineer to me for £65 to which I refused.

I refuse to believe that my hard drive is damaged as I had no problems with it before.

Has anyone had this same experience? I have tried to system reset etc. etc. but nothing seems to work. I am still on the SKY WORLD package but I am now considering downgrading again after a month because I only want all the premium channels to record from.

Any help would be grateful. Cheers.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Do you need to keep the stuff on the disk, or would you accept losing the recordings?

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
strikes me that I'd either pay the £65 and have the chance of a refurb v2 Pace or even v3 machine - or www.humvee.co.uk will help you replace the drive.....with a bigger one...... ;)

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
dont pay anything. just cancel your sub over the phone and tell them you are doing this as your hard drive is knackered and when youre paying 42,50 a month you dont agree with paying an extra 65 for an engineer. they usually offer you a SKY+ refurb box for free then. and if they dont, be cheeky and ask for one. I myself got one for free and I know of three others who also have. every customer should have the same rights!!! one of the three who got a freeby was a mate of mine and after SKY offered to send an engineer for 65gbp he got shirty and asked why he was not offered a box for free and others were. hey presto, free box......