Sky q on flat

organum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Community dish on flats
My Location
Dorset
I recently ordered Sky Q and the engineer declined to install because he said the signal was not sufficient
'Unfortunately the install was unable to go ahead due to poor signal levels.
To be able to run Sky Q we require power levels of between 65-85 and Mer levels above 10. '​

The log (attached) they sent showed only 2 readings as marginal.

What do folks think?

Attachments

• Dish1.pdf
    115.5 KB · Views: 13

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's ridiculous, those frequencies work perfectly well at 8db MER, I had a 64 apartment system where they wouldn't install recently and managed to tweak the LNB in favour of a couple of transponders to bring them above 10db, but they all worked perfectly, whether in legacy or dSCR mode. Have started installing bigger dishes on IRS systems now to improve overall MER figures.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
How long ago was the communal system installed and have any neighbours suffered from channel loss ?

There is a slight dip in the signals around the frequency mentioned in the printout, it might be the socket in the apatment, or the cables just behond it need cleaning up.

Just checked and TP 92 11508MHz is shared by a FTA Turkish broadcast TRT, which could be affecting the scan carried out

Last edited:

organum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Community dish on flats
My Location
Dorset
How long ago was the communal system installed and have any neighbours suffered from channel loss ?

There is a slight dip in the signals around the frequency mentioned in the printout, it might be the socket in the apatment, or the cables just behond it need cleaning up.

Just checked and TP 92 11508MHz is shared by a FTA Turkish broadcast TRT, which could be affecting the scan carried out

Installed 12 years ago and the test was made at the distribution unit.
Interesting that the frequency is shared.
Thanks

organum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Community dish on flats
My Location
Dorset
It's ridiculous, those frequencies work perfectly well at 8db MER, I had a 64 apartment system where they wouldn't install recently and managed to tweak the LNB in favour of a couple of transponders to bring them above 10db, but they all worked perfectly, whether in legacy or dSCR mode. Have started installing bigger dishes on IRS systems now to improve overall MER figures.

Good information thank you. I will feed back the management company.
Richard