Sky+ Questions

Aimster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
North West UK
I have a couple of issues with my Sky + Box can anyone help? My box was directly from Sky but over 12 months old.

1. I have sound issues when watching some playback programmes where the voice goes off and then comes back out of sync with the program. Is this something anyone else has experienced, and if so is it easily fixed?

2. Can you record from Sky+ to a video, is it easy to set up? Has anyone done this and is it easy enough to do?

3. Can you upgrade your Sky+ box to have a larger memory yourself or is it just as cheap to get a new box from Sky?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Aimster, welcome to the forum. :)

You may find that doing disc housekeeping will solve the playback problem, if not a system reset will probably sort it out, but will of course lose any recorded programmes on the disk.

As far as I know, you can record onto a video, but many programmes may be protected by Macrovision.

Upgrading the box is pretty straightforward, there are a couple of threads in this section regarding it. :)

Aimster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
North West UK
Thanks for that, have loads to watch having been away so may be also due to this. Will get to some serious TV watching and reset it all!

If I record to video, do I literally just set my video to AV and then play the prog I want to record?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that should do it. :)