Sky + Receiver for Mallorca

Deanscroft

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4m dish. Panasonic TU-DSB30 receiver/decoder.
My Location
Mallorca
I live in Mallorca and have a 1.35m dish fitted with an Invacom twin LNB. Using an old Panasonic DSB30 receiver I get pretty good reception most of the time. I'm thinking of buying a second hand Sky + receiver off EBay purely for the hard disk recorder. Does anyone know if any make is better or worse than others for fringe area reception with my existing dish and LNB?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Steve

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Remember you wont be able to record unless you have a valid subscription or pay SKy a tenner a month recording fee if you dont sub.

Deanscroft

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4m dish. Panasonic TU-DSB30 receiver/decoder.
My Location
Mallorca
Hey thanks for that. Didn't know about that one. Think I'll stick with the DSB30 and buy a dvd recorder.

sparkyinspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4 dish
invacom lnb
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Murcia Spain
The other option is the Humax Foxsat hdd+, but it's not cheap, about £250, I have one working here in southern Spain, and I'm very pleased with it. You will need a twin or quad LNB to get all of it's features i.e. record 1 channel while watching another or record 2 channels at the same time

slaine29

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 dish in north mallorca, sky box 12yrs old!!
My Location
Mallorca, Spain
Can you pair a sky card to this box?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If you mean the Foxsat HDR, the answer is no.

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
I don't know if you're trying to use the box for subscrition channels or just the free ones. I use a Topfield 7710HDPVR in Menorca to record free channels with it's twin tuners, I can use an old Sky card in a Trex 4.6 cam which enables pairing. I only use it for CH4 HD as you can get the rest free anyway by tuning to the freesat frequencies including ITV HD. If you ask it maybe possible, I think!, to record subscrition Sky with one of the many boxes like the Topfield without paying the extra £10. I update the sky card in a Grundig box which does lose signal at night even with a 1.8 dish but the Topfield is fine on all my channels. (My dish has twin LNB's offset for 13 and19 with 28 at the centre).
Jem