Sky Reception on my TV

Ian_ExManchester

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

Probably something simple but here goes -

Whenever I have the Terrestrial TV aerial connected to the skybox my sky viewing becomes very fuzzy/snowy, so by disconnecting it from the box the picture becomes clear as a bell.

What do I have to do to avoid disconnecting/reconnecting in order to receive clear pictures from sky and terrestrial.

Thanks in advance

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Chgange the rf channel the digibox is putting out. It in the "Services" menu.It will probably be set to 68 by default, and you will have a terrestrial signal sitting on 68. Remembering as soon as you change it you will need to retune the tv !

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
As AS says, change the RF output channel - instructions here...

To access the Installer Setup Menu you press these handset buttons don't looking at the screen as the 'zero' appears to do nothing.

Services > 401 > Select

The Default UHF channel is 68.
Select Option 4, 'RF Outlets', to display the RF Outlets screen.

You can choose any RF channel number between 21 and 69.

To store the change you have made, highlight 'Save New Settings', then press the select button.

Remember the channel number and retune your TV to get the picture back - check that it doesn't interfere with any of the other channels or video.

Once you have a clear picture - you've done it!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
or, just conect via SCART, avoids UHF problems.