Sky reception

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
this has nothing at all to do with packet loss, when you select an emulator to run, it will get the signal via satellite. If a FTA channel stutters on a cam but works fine on comon interface it cannot be a packet loss, something is going on with the cam itself.

a tip would be to remove all cams off your box, make sure you have less than 80% of the var available. install the latest version of CCcam and pop your card in the box.

Next go to a channel and check it out, if it still stutters then it's probably an issue with the box and the cam's but it should work.

If you start frash you will soon know if it's a problem with servers/clients, try selecting a channel on mgcamd, that should be fine viewing FTA

kirit

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
tripple LNB- 19,28.2, 13e
now actively CS
My Location
Harrow, Middlesex, Greater London
what do i need to delete- to ensure i have less than 80% of the var available?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Delete everything in /tmp, delete backup files in keys and scce, delete all unused emus.

kirit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
now actively CS
My Location
ok will do that

i have a question- im going to delete Gbox as well, when i install the latest version of CCAM- do i need to:
- change the port settings for CS?
-install anything new to continue to allow CS?
-change the C line to contine to allow CS?

the reason i ask is because it took me ages last time to find the correct port to enable CS, and when it finally did work i have this broken picture problem

i tried to install more than 1 CAM last time- but as this is a 5620s model (hence it probably has crap hard drive space) i also got the message insufficient memory.
i suppose that is why you are telling to to delete:

- everything in /tmp
- ensure i have 80% of the var available
-scce
-backup keys
-unused emus

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Yes that is right, i think to be honest your better off starting fresh, if it was me i would backup my settings and CCcam.cfg and then i would just reflash the whole box.

Once reflashed i would put CCcam on, no other emulators will be needed.

Remember, you told us your using CCcam, you can only use one cam at a time, why you still had gbox on there i do not know, but yes delete it.

It seems to me that you have just cluttered your box up with that much junk it's just gave in, dreamboxes do act funny when you overload the memory.

If you are going to use CCcam theres no need for any other cams to be on there. Your dreambox and CCcam server need's to be online 24/7 so it is pointless having more than the one emu on the box.

As for key's theres no need to back these up, they go out of date, if you are bothered about keys then just download a key loader to update them via plugins, or use a key bundle and upload it every day.

But as i said dude, backup the settings, copy your Cccam.cfg onto computer and reflash box. Reload your settings and download CCcam and then put your config back onto the box in the required place.
Next you will notice your var might be 40% full which is good. It gives you chance to install the other things you want......but not other cams, as i say the box can only handle 1 cam online at a time, s to switch to mgcamd or something it means that you have to bring your CCcam server down and people do not like that one bit!.

For the correct port the default on CCcam is port 12000, i think on another well known emu it was port 8889. In your router simply forward this port to your box.
you can check if you switch the expert+ on if you have gemini where the connection is coming from e.g. if it's coming from your card direct or not. You can also monitor the ECM with the expert plus option, by doing this you can start testing what the freeze is all about, if the ecm looks fine then its a box issue.

p.s. anything to do with lines are not allowed to be discussedand no you don't need to do anything new.

Hope that has helped

kirit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
now actively CS
My Location
thank you for that sharkadder- i do have gemini as an image installed
just a really basic question please:

how do i access the expert+
how do i access the ECM

anybody know where i can DL the latest CCAM- i think its 2.08

thanks again everyone

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can download CCcam from i-have-a-dreambox.com

No idea what expert+ is - do you mean Expert Setup?

kirit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
now actively CS
My Location
i dont know- sharkadder said it

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
expert plus is in the general options within extra/setup on gemini (only available on versions 4.10+ i think), you can switch it on my pressing right a few times on crypt i think it is until it says Ecm/Emm/expert+.

once expert+ is enabled you can then select a channel and it will tell you some extra info at the same time the info bar is loaded.

e.g. i use my card to watch a channel, it will tell me that i am using a card in my card slot to open the channel.

I won't discuss that feature more, you can probably figure out what it does once you use it