SKY+ Sound / Picture Sync Problems

M

milanlad

Hello All

Has anyone had problems with sound and picture sync? Recently, just around the time of the recent software upgrade, I have noticed that the sound and pictures and not in sync on recorded programmes. This doesn't happen on every programme.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Milan

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
This is common but try switching off the mains power at the wall socket for a few seconds then switch back on to reset your Digibox.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
I find you don't have to turn it off on the mains and wait for a restart. just stop the recording you're watching and go back to a running programme. then select the recording again over the sky+ planner and it always runs fine then. I quite often have sync problems if I want to continue watching a recording by just pressing play during a running programme. Actually come to think of it I always have sync problems when i do that.
Methos.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sounds like problems associateid with the new firmware update

Many many satellite companies (Manhattan products being the worst for this ) have trouble with lip sync.

Most commonly the problem appears a few seconds after tuning into a channel with audio, you will notice a change - dip- in tone (usually by one or two ivories on the keyboard)

With film channels you will eventually get bored with trying to watch the plot as the sound tries to catch up

Strange that Sky of all people would have let this pass through their impeccable quality control though