Sky Sports 1 - Eire subscription

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Hi all :)

I've been reading through the threads but cant seem to find an answer to this.

Given the configuratation of the 2 Sky boxes I have in the bar (see profile) I cannot understand why the Irish system reports "No Signal" on Sky Sports1 when the English subscription is ok (SS2+3 is fine on both)---- all BBC/ITV suffer from the usual night time pixalation.

It has been suggested to me that the use of the dual output LNB is at fault......but why only on the one channel?

We have had "reputable" companies come out but all the seem to want to do is try and sell us a 3m dish which I know is not necessary as the bar is in a residencial area and each of the various blocks of apartments in the area take Sky Sports feeds from a 2.4 dish (each block has own dish- they also suffer the BBC pixalation but BBC is not my main concern as if its a program with interactive services, and it's early enuff in the day I can press the RED button, go interactive BBCi and the signal is fine)

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Ian
(Tigger is my 2yr old's favourite toy-----I'm not that bouncy !!!)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sky Sports1 UK is on the South beam, whilst Sky Sports1 Ireland is on the North beam, much harder to receive.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry if I'm going a little off the topic, but isn't the programming the same? Only difference would be the commercials?

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
On the Eire bouquet you get RTE2 and can subscribe to Setanta Sports Eire, both theses channels show live premiership/scottish games not broadcast on the UK bouquet.

Generally with the combination of the 2 Sky packages, Spanish Digital and the arab package I can show live 9 out of 10 weekend Prem League games. (that plus having 8 tvs linked upto to them :) )

Ian

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
rolfw said:
Sky Sports1 UK is on the South beam, whilst Sky Sports1 Ireland is on the North beam, much harder to receive.

Thanks for the info. Could you post me a link to the web page the attachment came from, that page seems to be a lot clearer than the website I've been using for frequencies (satdx.com).......their page just said Sky Sports 1 for that freq. not that it was Ireland.

Cheers,

Ian

enoc

What?
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0 m OffSet dish - Astra II
1.2 m Offset dish - Astra & Hot Bird
0.60 mts Hispasat
0.60 mts Nilesat

Box Kaon 570 & Pace 2600
My Location
Tenerife - Canary Islands
just some ideas..

are you using a feedhorn from channel master? this will improove the signal.

better a channel master feedhorn + quad invacom lnb.

good luck