Sky System and Hotbird

D

DRob

I want to be able to watch sky channels and channels from Hotbird. I am having the sky system installed this week and i have also bought a digisat receiver with cryptoworks embedded.

Could someone please advise me as the the best installation configuration. I've looked at multi lnb dishes and the twin monoblock.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The easiest solution would be a second dish for Hotbird, an 80cm would be ideal, but a Sky Zone 2 minidish would work well and look better (smaller and neater).

If you go the multiple LNB route, a monobloc is out of the question as there is not one made with the spread, but with an 80cm dish and 15 degree bracket holding the 28.2 LNB, you should get passable results.

D

DRob

Will I need any switches etc. Or do I just run the Hotbird feed into one receiver and the sky into the sky box

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, just run the two cables. If the installation is being done by a local installer, ring him and ask about the zone 2 dish, he'd probably do a deal for the installation of both.

J

JohnK

Hi

I had the same set up installed last week, I have a 88 cm dish with a monoblock lnb for Astra 1/Hotbird and a single lnb for Sky Digital all on a bracket. No need for a seperate switch as the monoblock lnb has inbuilt Disecq switch. I have no probs at all with the picture quality despite very poor weather over the last week or so where I live.

JK