Sky Talk!!

A

A13X

Hey
This is not another " can i get a sky goldie" post.
I have just noticed recently there have been a increase
in the number of " I have seen a Working Sky Digital Hack"
posts.I dont know if we choose to belive them or not.But
i think sometime there will be a " solution" developed to
enable people to get Free SkyD but when this will be? Just
want to ask the members of the board what they think?
You must admit theres been alot of people saying they have
seem a hardware hack other that the PPV 9V scam do people
think the end is near?
Regards Alex :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In all honesty Alex, there seems to be about the same number of posts around regarding hacked Sky cards and hardware hacks as there have been for the past year. They seem to be cyclical in their appearance, and seem to follow one of two or three scripts.

The thing that would concern me if there was to be a software hack would be the pressure on sites like this, there would suddenly be a huge rise in traffic from would be free viewers, all asking, where can I get the hardware, how do I program, where are the files. There'll not a genuine hobbyist amongst them and very few will contribute to the board once their inital aim has been fulfilled.

The classic comment from someone complaining about being kicked from another board membership for non-posting was "I visit the board regularly (probably to get hex files), but haven't needed to post for the past two years as my setup has been running perfectly".

rolf

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
hello rolf..just back from me holidays. I wonder to myself then, why do you keep your board as open for all to read as opposed to members only? My opinion is that somebody must know how to crack the sky system but its not common knowledge. I`m sure you know of some obscure web sites somewhere that are a fair way down the path in doing so??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-Apr-02 AT 01:20 PM (GMT)]*****I wonder to myself then, why do you keep your board as open for all to read as opposed to members only?*****

This a question in constant debate BRD, the problem is that if the site is member only, the membership numbers will rocket, but mostly with non-posters, so there is no real gain. As it is at the moment, only someone who is interested in the hobby and in posting will register, therefor there is a fighting chance that they may be active in the future.

You'll also find that some of the membership only boards allow the posting of hex files and keys and a lot of people simple join to get them, you must have seen the posts asking "where are the files" or "where can I download the new keys", normally first posts at that.

rolf