Sky tv and motorised satellite?

stuntbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm1500ci, dragon cam, art card 80cm duel lnd fixed dish hotbird and Astra. 28" w/s tv
My Location
Sunny West Kirby, Wirral
Hi all,
I'm about to buy a motorised satellite system with cams,80cm dish etc. I already have a sky digital system. Is it just a question of putting my sky viewing card into the new motorised sat slot and away I go or do I need to keep both systems so my girlfriend can watch "Dreamteam" don't laugh.
Or are their systems out there that cater for both.If so which.

Happy crimble everyone

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
stuntbelly said:
Is it just a question of putting my sky viewing card into the new motorised sat slot and away I go or do I need to keep both systems

You will need to keep both - Sky cards only work on the 'paired' receiver and you can only do that with an official receiver.

Make sure the receiver you buy has a LNB in and out and you can link them to the same dish.

Obviously the dish would have to be pointing to 28.2 east for Sky to work.

stuntbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm1500ci, dragon cam, art card 80cm duel lnd fixed dish hotbird and Astra. 28" w/s tv
My Location
Sunny West Kirby, Wirral
Thanks gameboy
Its stuff like this that isn't easy to find on the net.
Great forum with lots of people willing to help A++

JayX

Reaction score
admit it, its the girlfriend thats stopping you getting a 2.4metre dish isn't it :D

stuntbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sunny West Kirby, Wirral
its not the size its the direction you point it in

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
stuntbelly said:
its not the size its the direction you point it in

I think in the satellite business that the size does matter - as much as the direction.

Wish I had a 2 meter!!!!