SKY tv in Germany

S

steve1386

Hi all,
My brother lives in Germany and has asked me to find out how he can get Sky over there, so he can watch the sport especially with the Rugby world cup coming soon? (on ITV i think) Would a normal Sky set up work the type that most people have here in the UK. Does anyone have any ideas.. If so what would be my best way about getting this sorted for him..

Any help would be appreaciated..
Steve.........

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just get him a secondhand box Steve and if he wants to subscribe, ring up Sky and get them to send you a subscription card, you can then connect the receiver to your dish and phone line and activate the card. Post the receiver and card to your brother and get him to obtain and erect a dish in Germany, the size of dish will depend on where he is, see sticky thread at top of this section.

If he doesn't want any subscription channels, I'm not sure whether the BBC are still sending out FTV cards, there may be a short wait until the situation is clarified.