Sky (UK) EPG on DM500 MV

suksat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500 s
My Location
UK
Having searched I've seen coverage of this and attempted the advice but I suspect the information sources for epg data rapidly change and wonder if this may be causing me issues. Anyway apologies if the solution is a simple search away and please point me in the right direction if it is.

Couldn't get MV running on Gemini 3.40 (system time incorrect issue) flashed with PLI instead. Installed Sky EPG but running download SKY EPG drops me straight back to the menu and MV (configured with SKYUK as an input data source) seems none the wiser to any programme data.

Is this the best way to get Sky EPG data at the moment?
Am I missing some vital config step for the Sky EPG plug in?
Is there a way to translate the xmltv.radiotimes.co.uk data into mv?

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
MV does not work with Gem 3.x on a 500 as you've found out. On PLi, it's part of the image and should be relatively straightforwards to set up.

rough guideline:
someone else said:
1. Download the latest version of the MV plugin through Gemini's Blue Panel
2. Start the MV Plugin, press Menu, select Input Config
2a. Make sure AutoDirs is not selected.
2b. Choose and remember the Storage Directory
3. Download Mplug 0.7.4 or newer
4. Unzip Mplug
5. Copy Mplug to /var/bin and change it's permissions to 755 (chmod 755 /var/bin/Mplug)
6. Copy inputs.txt to /var/tuxbox/config/mv
7. Copy ChanRad.in to /var/tuxbox/config/mv
8. Create a directory called mplug inside the aforementioned Storage Directory
9. Telnet to your Dreambox and issue: /var/bin/Mplug /my/storage/dir/mplug 0 /var/tuxbox/config/mv
(This can take a while as it is now downloading the latest program information from RadioTimes)
10. Start MV, press Menu, select Input Config and choose "Mplug_MV350_dat" as an input method.
11. Start MV on your Dreambox, press Menu and select Alias Manager
12. Map your channels to the Downloaded EPG channels (this is a pain in the ..., but you need to do so only once)

Enjoy

There are detailed infos on how to edit the single files in a readme file enclosed with Mplug.

After step 9 and before running MV in step 10, you may want to edit /my/storage/dir/mplug/mplug.dat and remove the "mplug.rad." string before the channel names. This will make the Alias mapping much easier.

Aliasing creates a file called map.txt inside /var/tuxbox/config/mv
You could edit this file manually rather than mapping through the remote control.

Step 9 needs to be repeated weekly. Alternatively you can set up a cron job to automate this.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
Yes, someone else did post that indeed :-) but it's a bit outdated.
@suksat : since you have PLi, there's another tool you can use to obtain the SKY epg data, it's oudeis' epg plugin. Just install, configure & let it run - it will give you all the epg data available at the radiotimes website.
a few buts, however :
- this script generates such a huge quantity of epg data, that enigma crashes on it, unless you use the PLi external EPG database feature
- this external EPG database must be placed on either a hard disk or on an external memory stick, and I'm not sure if either are available on a DM500
- oudeis never finalized his plugin, so I'm not sure if it's available in the software downloads of PLi

if you can use it, but can't find it, give a yell - I know more or less where I can find the latest source for this marvellous piece of work !

zwarder

Reaction score
JTA

I am running PLI image but cannot see how to download skyepg at all. I can't even find Mplug anywhere on the net.

Tsiklon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
My Location
Europe
I have a DM600 and Gemini image. I have MV installed but cannot seem to find this Mplug 0.7.4 either on the net or via the blue panel.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
There is a plugin, Week EPG 3.1 UK by MaxZ4, that will download the weekly EPG for UK.
It is available for download from the addons panel of the Nabilosat Enigma 1 images, and it is also available as stand alone to be installed on other images.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
zwarder said:
I am running PLI image but cannot see how to download skyepg at all. I can't even find Mplug anywhere on the net.
can't say for the Mplug plugin, but the EPG plugin can be installed from the plugin downloads list if you're using PLi - an up-to-date version of PLi, that is : latest version is Jade. Do you have Jade installed and do you have an internet connection ?