Sky UK EPG

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
Has anybody had any success with any of the plugins that are supposed to get you a better Sky (UK) EPG on their 7025?

The usual advice for this seems to be to use the Pli image, but unless I've missed something there isn't one available for the 7025.

I have tried manually installing the Italian week-epg plugin, together with the SkyEPG adaption, and also MV 3.5.3.

These all seemed to install OK, but none have appeared in the menus - not even for Sky Italia.

If somebody has got something working for the 7025, I'd be delighted to hear from them!

szhjcn2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax FreeSat PVR
Dreambox 7025
13, 19.2 & 28 degrees with Visiosat Switch.
My Location
Switzerland
Not sure if this helps you, but found this recently on another Forum:

Sky EPG on a Dreambox

I am using a Dreambox with my Sky Viewing Card and am very happy with all the features. The only thing missing is (was) a good EPG. Sky's EPG doesn't follow standards, so if you use anything other than a Digibox you only get the now and next EPG Information.

I knew there were plug-ins and hacks around, but none of them are user friendly to say the least and so I had never bothered. Last night my wife decided to go out, so I gave it a shot.

The ingredients used are:
Dreambox 7020
Gemini 3.40 Image
MV 3.5.3 EPG Plugin
MPlug

I assume those interested are familiar with installing an image in their Dreambox and skip that part (If you are not, you have many worries ahead of you before thinking of an EPG anyway).

I also assume you are familiar with Unix at least at the level needed to manage a Dreambox.

1. Download the latest version of the MV plugin through Gemini's Blue Panel
2. Start the MV Plugin, press Menu, select Input Config
2a. Make sure AutoDirs is not selected.
2b. Choose and remember the Storage Directory
3. Download Mplug 0.7.4 or newer
4. Unzip Mplug
5. Copy Mplug to /var/bin and change it's permissions to 755 (chmod 755 /var/bin/Mplug)
6. Copy inputs.txt to /var/tuxbox/config/mv
7. Copy ChanRad.in to /var/tuxbox/config/mv
8. Create a directory called mplug inside the aforementioned Storage Directory
9. Telnet to your Dreambox and issue: /var/bin/Mplug /my/storage/dir/mplug 0 /var/tuxbox/config/mv
(This can take a while as it is now downloading the latest program information from RadioTimes)
10. Start MV, press Menu, select Input Config and choose "Mplug_MV350_dat" as an input method.
11. Start MV on your Dreambox, press Menu and select Alias Manager
12. Map your channels to the Downloaded EPG channels (this is a pain in the ..., but you need to do so only once)

There are detailed infos on how to edit the single files in a readme file enclosed with Mplug.

After step 9 and before running MV in step 10, you may want to edit /my/storage/dir/mplug/mplug.dat and remove the "mplug.rad." string before the channel names. This will make the Alias mapping much easier.

Aliasing creates a file called map.txt inside /var/tuxbox/config/mv
You could edit this file manually rather than mapping through the remote control.

Step 9 needs to be repeated weekly. Alternatively you can set up a cron job to automate this.

Hope this helps the geeks among us
I know this is not for the faint of heart, but a Dreambox rarely is.

szhjcn2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax FreeSat PVR
Dreambox 7025
13, 19.2 & 28 degrees with Visiosat Switch.
My Location
Switzerland
I myself am new to the Dreambox and did try finding this plugin through what I believe is the 'Blue-Panel' but no luck. Guess I need to download it and copy to my dreambox.

Any pointers would be greatfully received. I have used Unix before but never a Dreambox or Linux.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you using a 7020 or 7025? A 7025 is based on Enigma 2 and is a different beast.

toxotis70

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pc with skytar 2
Dreambox 800 HD
My Location
Athens
Can this work in DM800?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
guys, as rightly mentioned , all information about EPG plugins is for enigma 1 boxes. I have had a 7025 since they launched and have never found ANY information on how to do it with enigma 2. I guess it just doesn't exist.

titty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800SE / DM7025 500GB HDDs. Dream Elite Images, TD88 / 0.2dB LNB. DiSEqc TM2200(53e-58w). 500GB NAS Drive.
My Location
Reading, Berkshire
Have a look at LT5, which has a built in external EPG grabber. Works a treat.
I did a bit of work on the config file so it picks up all available xml data from the radiotimes website. This is posted on their forum.

Regards.

DannyFS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Fixed dish with Quad LNB @ 28.8 and Dual LNB @ 19.2
DM7025 with Sky world package
DM600
My Location
Spain / UK
I've just got e2_loadepg running.

It's a smashing thing. Reasonably easy to setup. Works a treat.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
How easy is "reasonably easy", lol. I have heard this very good. Is there a "How to install for idiots" anywhere?

shirehorse99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox dm8000 with 4tuners dvd and 1Tb HD + 3 Dm500s
My Location
South Wales, UK
Has anybody got a backup image with loadepg already integrated - im pretty good on the dreambox but for the life of me cannot get this bloody thing to work

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
e2_loadepg works great on DM7025. It sometimes crashes just after installation, but this can be fixed by removing channels from the channel list that are not needed. It has to be run weekly and is based on radio times website. A great script that works great. Beware that you have to edit the conf files to correct yout time offset otherwise your epg will be out. By default it is set to +1 (as for central Europe) and must be set to 0 when in the UK. I have yet to set it up in cron as I can't find cron on my DM7025 image.

bigfish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s
My Location
london
sorry to hijack but im using a 7020 and the sky uk epg works perfectly, but does anyone know if a sky italia version exists?

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Enigma 1 seems to have fewer options and it also depends on the image being used. The MV plugin on Gemini looks like it can do the job,but I have not managed to make it work yet. For E2 the same e2_loadepg does uk and italy. You should also look at the Pli image as it is documented to be inbuilt on that image(download plugin).

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
Try and install the Nabilosat Black Hole v0.6
You can download the full EPG in 2 minutes and have it integrated to Enigma2.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
An update: E2_LOADEPG now loads the epg from the satellite stream and does not reference the radiotimes website anymore. If you are not in central europe you have to update the timezone in the config file otherwise all times will be out by 1 hour. You should run it at a time when you are not going to be watching TV as it switches channels to the required epg channel for about 2 minutes. It also supports sly italy.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
DM600 x 2
DM100 x 2
My Location
Liverpool
where can you get the latest version from, and what is needed to install it?

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Just google e2_loadepg. The guy that wrote it/maintains it is in Italy called Ambrosa. It has the download and a full installation guide. The one thing you have to remember is to set the timezone in the config file, otherwise your epg will be 1 hour out as the default setup is for central Europe.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
The best solution now for EPG is installing Pli and using the Rytec plugin. The image sems more stable than Nabilo and the EPG is as good. In Pli several EPG options exist, picj the one that suits you best - I like downloading the xml directly rather than extracting from a channel. I think this is what causes Nabilo instability.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
The best solution now for EPG is installing Pli and using the Rytec plugin. The image sems more stable than Nabilo and the EPG is as good. In Pli several EPG options exist, picj the one that suits you best - I like downloading the xml directly rather than extracting from a channel. I think this is what causes Nabilo instability.