SKY viewing card finished

mjc410

Reaction score
AlexBellisBrown said:
We bought a FTV card from JW air sat (A company in Mojacar) and they said it would only work until december. Is there any way to find that out for certain?

This is probably a an ex -subscription card

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
mjc410 said:
This is probably a an ex -subscription card
Still doesn't matter. Ex-subs cards will decrypt the FTV channels the same as a dedicated FTV card and will be valid until $ly change everyone's regular subscription cards to the next generation.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
whatsthis said:
Hi

I have a yellow house FTV sky viewing card for ITV1&2 CH4&5. When I got it I read somewhere that they shall need to be renewed every 2 years.

Is this true or do we just have to sit back and wait for SLY to flick the switch.

If that card is a Solus, then it is no longer supported by anyone and will continue working till there is a serious card change. I left mine out for 3 months and it re-activated itself within 2 days.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
the reason sky want you to have phone line connected is so that they hope you'll be tempted to order stuff via the telly i.e. films etc, your card should work no problem at all, if they ask why its not connected to phone line tell them your in the middle of decorating connect it phone line back up for a few weeks then pull it out again