Sky+ with 1 Feed

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hi, my friend wants Sky+ installed but his Mrs is adamant that no further cables can be visible as they have had a sort of custom install done when re-decorating, all cables behind a false wall without access now. I can get at the coax at the digi box end, would a stacker/de-stacker sort him out?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Correct, works a treat up to 30 Mtrs :D

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
satelliteman said:
Correct, works a treat up to 30 Mtrs :D
:)
Thanks for you quick reply. I have seen 2, they the are Global Stacker Destacker 25mtr Version Power Inserter (SDO/19) which is £47 and the Global Stacker Destacker Plus 60mtr Version (SDO/20) which is £60. Would the cheaper one do him, its not a very long run.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Up to 25 Mtrs will do fine.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Excuse my ignorance but what does a stacker/de-stacker do?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
zorba said:
Excuse my ignorance but what does a stacker/de-stacker do?

It is basically a mini multiplexer which frequency shifts the second signal, mixes them pumps them both down the same cable then separates out the signal again, they have not been very popular because of their price and reliability, however one or two seem to be extolling their virtues these days.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Have any of you guys any experience of those 2 Global ones I listed earlier. My m8 was chuffed when I told him we had a solution. Ive had to put him on hold for a bit as I have just been told I have Menieres Disease so taking it easy for a while and hoping it buggers off just as suddenly as it appeared.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well at the end of the day, he hasn't got many options, it is either the Stacker de-stacker, or wait for the Sky Single Cable Router with enabled digiboxes to appear (don't hold your breath), the latter may or may not be any more reliable and will certainly be a lot more expensive. At the moment, it is pretty much Hobson's choice, the Stacker de-stacker or nothing.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I don't see why he can't put another cable. All he needs is a tiny hole of about 8mm.
Can he supply a photo showing the box and the surrounding area?
Hope that you feel better very soon. :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
I have done the phone around and they are used a fair bit in the trade and a lot of fellow colleague's have had NO issues with them. In fact the short run version will actually work a little further than documented.

The problem of the unit not working correctly is many cases is that fact that they are being installed with low loss grade cabling (not copper to copper) only rated up to 1000Mhz. You need to use CAI benchmarked cabling to BS EN 60728-11 rated up to 2150Mhz for reliable use of this product:)

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location
HB13DISH said:
I don't see why he can't put another cable. All he needs is a tiny hole of about 8mm.
Can he supply a photo showing the box and the surrounding area?
Hope that you feel better very soon. :)

I will try and get a photo but basically where the box and Plasma are, used to be an integeral garage, the coax enters the house through the loft, is routed down through a built in wardrobe in a bedroom, and dropped down to the room where the digi box is. This was all routed b4 the walls, and plastering was done. The coax from RF1 goes back out the same hole as the feed-in and up about 2.5 metres and comes out another hole to service the plasma. 2x3 metre scarts also makes the same route. RF 2 output goes back up to the loft and into a distribuiton amp that feeds the bedrooms. Not a cable in sight.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
tomthebomb1968 said:
I will try and get a photo but basically where the box and Plasma are, used to be an integeral garage, the coax enters the house through the loft, is routed down through a built in wardrobe in a bedroom, and dropped down to the room where the digi box is. This was all routed b4 the walls, and plastering was done. The coax from RF1 goes back out the same hole as the feed-in and up about 2.5 metres and comes out another hole to service the plasma. 2x3 metre scarts also makes the same route. RF 2 output goes back up to the loft and into a distribuiton amp that feeds the bedrooms. Not a cable in sight.

OK thanks. I got the picture, no need for a photo.
I still don't understand why cables are treated like dirt and that they shouldn't be in sight.
Without the coaxial cables and cable assemblies like SCART and RCA, there wouldn't be any joy in our daily entertainment. So please let us give them the credit that they deserve.

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

My Location