sky zone 2 mini dish vs technisat 45cm one...

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Hi folks :)

It's been a while since I haven't lurked round 'ere O-zzz

I've been getting these emails saying that the board missed me so I thought I'd get back for a bit ;)

Say, I've been thinking of upgrading my portable kit (currently a porty II setup with a skystar usb and more recently a technotrend s2-3600 dvb-s2 :cool:)

What do you lot reckon performs best: a sky zone 2 minidish or a techinsat 45cm one?

I know an oval mini dish will not perform as well with a non-oval lnb, but granted I use a top class lnb on it (inverto, mti, etc) wouldn't it sorta make up for the fact that the lnb isn't perfectly matched to the surface of the dish?

Actually, a mesh dish would suit me best as it is meant to be mounted horizontally on top of my van :cool:. Thus rainfall would be able to pass through and I would probably be able to drive with it mounted.

Looking forward for your insights, cheers :-worship

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I would guess that the minidish would be better as is it actually wider than 43cm, I think it's about 53cm.

To compare them, I think the only way would be a side by side comparision.

I used to used an Inverto 40mm LNB on my minidish, and I don't recall there being much difference between it and the Sky LNB.

Robbo:)

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Cool :D

Thanks for the tip mate. Yes, you are right, it would be better to have a side by side comparison. Has anyone here done any? :D

Thing is, I know the technisat is extremely well conceived, it definetly performs better than any other dish of the same size. To give you an idea, where I live I have a 3 lnb setup on it :eek: (28.2, 19.2, 13, the regular stuff :D) and it works flawlessly :cool:

I suspect a good lnb would make up for it too. So what's the second best thing to inverto nowadays? Twin titanium? I have lost track of the lnb market since a year ago (have managed to not spend any money on sat hardware :-rofl2)

edit: is anyone on the board selling a zone 2 minidish then? :D