sky

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
How many times can sky charge £500 a mth in our local,i woulld to say that ourcpubs should buy a card from c+ for a small sum and that would be better than spending all that money on sky for the football whitch we get free on sat and all the rest.If we buy a card then there is no problem.

Can you help us in our wee but in ben.

The expats do the same in Spain and the rest of Europe,

so whats good for them is good for us.

Rolf and CH. and my wonderfull friend 24 old

please can you keep us right.

regards mikeey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Mikeey,

Yep, its scandalous, they set their charges on the rateable value of the pub, this in turn is based on a calculation of size and turnover, so if you've got a busy pub, you pay more for Sky.

If your local is paying that sort of money, I guess that its pretty busy, turnover wise. They are having problems though, many brewery chains are removing it due to non-viability.

If your local was to use a hacked canal+ card in a digital receiver, they would be leaving themselves open to legal action, they may get away with it, but I wouldn't bet on their chances, Rupert's boys would snitch on them to the scuffers. ;)

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Would it be honest to buy a card thecsame as the rest of the expats. iI wonder? can you help and keeping us right.

Thanks my wonder full friend.

mikeey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No unfortunately Mikeey, the Expats buy normal residential cards, but Sky are well aware of the UK pubs and what they are likely to try and get away with.

If your pub is well out of the way (which I guess it is) you may get away with it, but Sky are always very suspicious of cancellations and will invariably send someone to the cancelled pubs to check after a couple of months.

If Sky had the rights to broadcast outside the UK, they would I'm sure be on the Spanish beaches looking to charge commercial rates to the bars there as well.

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Please take time to think, because it is important. thanks Rollf,and and can you have a word with C.H and my professor 2old

and see what they say.

thanks. You guys put me in mind of the Ryder cup team.

What more can i say.

regadrs mikeey