Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
People, on the DVR Info Bar, directly underneath the usage graph and to the left of the clock, are two sets of numbers.

Currently, the left hand set says "363" and the right hand one "0".

They don't change during Recording.

Does anyone know what they represent?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well I still haven't figured out what the two sets of numbers mean - the left hand block is always in the hundreds and the right hand block always remains at zero (Well, during my observations, at least).

Shirley other Members who have kindly reported on such things as effectiveness of various types of USB Stick and the operability of external HDDs have also noticed these figures?

Please put me out of my misery! 'O'-red

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
I've noticed them, on mine they vary in size and the right hand one sometimes moves on play back. I don'r know if its some kind of counter like there was on the very old VCRs that just had a basic clock and timer program setup where there was the 3 Number wheels that used to tick over in playback/record and could be reset. Other than that I've got no idea what they are for.

Roland

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, thanks Roland ........... can't say I've seen the right hand block alter, but after your comment I can have a further play and see if I can pin down their purpose.

It's a bit daft displaying info unless it can easily be understood!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've just done a bit of experimentation and

a. The right hand block is at zero during Record, but has a non-zero reading during playback.

(Basically what you said, Roland)

b. The left hand block remains fixed in value if you don't change Channel.

c. That value is different for different Channels and rises significantly for HD Channels.

(SD Channels report somewhere in the 350 - 600 region and HD in the 1200 - 1500 region)

I am wondering if it is something to do with bit-rate or data transfer rate in MB/hr or ................. ???

Anybody else got any ideas?

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
The Manual could do with being a lot bigger for the Skybox since it is a more complex box than a Sky Digibox or even a Freesat box. My Freesat HDR Manual is huge compared to the Skybox F3 Manual for something that is basically intended to be used on 28.2e only where as the Skybox F3 Manual is pretty basic and doesn't even explain how to setup extra Favourites Lists and it's a Multi Sat box.

Roland

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well I Googled it ............ but all results point back here, so we are pie 'n ears!

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sheffield
Tivù said:
Well I Googled it ............ but all results point back here, so we are pie 'n ears!

All the Skybox users on here should get together and produce our own user manual and post it on here in .pdf format and leave no corner of the software on the box un covered even the CCcam and MG/NewCam features, then ask the mods to make it a sticky Thread so it's easy to find.

Roland

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well, I am a Mod ............... :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Referring back to Post #5, I've carried out some more tests and looked at file sizes of short recordings of various lengths and I can confirm that the mystery figures are indeed Write (Left hand block) and Read (Right hand block) related figures in kB/sec.

Problem solved.

Not that it seems terribly important given the fact that even cheap USB 3.0 USB sticks are big enough (8GB or more) for storing an HD film on.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
I have a very basic pvr problem I cannot navigate ..and as already said ..the manual is all but useless.
How can you set to make a recording ..by simply selecting the program guide ..highlighting the required program ..and the F3 then use/convert this highlighted selection to record this and only this selected program /time period??
I can set it to record manually of course use the timer ..or just hit the record button ..thus it would record till available memory ran out..
But So far I've been unsuccessful in using the guide to trigger a record response ?
Am I doing something wrong ..or is there a bug in firmware I wonder..?
rgds
VS

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Maybe I've misunderstood, but whilst in EPG, just scroll to the desired item then press the Green Button, scroll to Timer Service then scroll to Record.

QED, nescafé ................ or am I a meringue?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Tivù said:
Maybe I've misunderstood, but whilst in EPG, just scroll to the desired item then press the Green Button, scroll to Timer Service then scroll to Record.

QED, nescafé ................ or am I a meringue?

Thanks Gordon ..I'll try it again ..
Didn't work last time ..but I may just have made a mistake in my button pressing..and I was using the S9HD remote ..not the one that came with the F3..
There might be small differences.
rgds
VS

Stew.art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Minidish 28/19°E (FTA) • DVB-S2: Edision Proton & Skybox F3 • NowTV (Black) • DVB-T: Toshiba HDTV, Netgem iPlayer • DAB: Pure's The Bug • OS: Windows 10 & Puppy Linux.
My Location
North Essex, England
Vipersan said:
How can you set to make a recording ..by simply selecting the program guide ..highlighting the required program ..and the F3 then use/convert this highlighted selection to record this and only this selected program /time period??

From my own experience the Info button is the only way I can record a future program via the Timer, clicking twice to where it shows a summary of the current program then selecting the one I want from the list on the left-hand side and then finally using the yellow button to enter the Timer dialogue.

I've tried the EPG route with the green button, the recording option is always faded out (grey) and not selectable.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Works absolutely fine for me.