Skybox F3 EPG times 1hr behind

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
Is it just my F3 or is the EPG Times showing as GMT even though the Clock is set to BST

The Simpsons on Channel 4 is showing as 17:00-17:30 and Hollyoaks showing as 18:00-18:30
instead of The Simpsons 18:00-18:30 and Hollyoaks 18:30-19:00?

Roland

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
Sorted it with a quick Google Search and Flashed the Scooby Snacks Firmware and everything's working fine now, stupid 99p Firmware off of eBay had a clock bug in it.

Roland

Tiger Cub

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
65cm mesh dish with univ. quad lnb- -thomson sky box (no subs) - - samsung 50" plasma.
My Location
S.W.Scotland
Trust ok to add to this thread as epg related.
Got F3 2weeks ago -lasted 3days and went bang. Now have replacement, and set up as best a novice can.
My questions to you clever people--epg is showing only now and next (is that all there is?)-or am I missing something.
Text is only offering a blank p100 on all channels. Again am I missing something?
Any replys in simple (like me) terms please.
Thanks in advance. TC

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
No, all is well.

Like all non-Sky (or other Platform) boxes, although the Receiver is capable of holding 7 days worth of EPG info, they can only actually display what is sent - which can be anything from nothing at all to Now & Next (most commonly) or several days worth (some German Channels).

They use DVB S Schedule Info which is borne along with the Channel itself as opposed to being collected from a dedicated proprietary stream as is the case with BSkyB and Freesat.

As for Text, again that is a matter for broadcasters and very few still use it - possibly again some German Channels.

Some clever boxes get round this by having a "Plug-In" which derives the full EPG from the Interwebthingy, but I'm not aware of such an add-on for things like Skybox/Openbox etc.

These are not constraints peculiar to the Skybox F3!

There are many sources for the Schedule Info, though - I still use the weekend Newspapers, but you can see it all on the Web if you wish.

Tiger Cub

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
65cm mesh dish with univ. quad lnb- -thomson sky box (no subs) - - samsung 50" plasma.
My Location
S.W.Scotland
Wow! that was quick.
I have now stopped worrying.
Many thanks. TC